Throwing up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

I came home today at 430om and Kya was not wanting to really eat dinner. Before I put food down I checked sugar with human meter. 297. Out food down she ate a 1/4 of a can of fancy feast and then a little bit later threw it all up. Tried giving her water with syringe. Threw that up too 15 min later. Vet has her on 2 units only in morning until I can get her back to vet for another curve. She was acting fine this morning but is not acting herself. She has no food in her system so I can’t give her any insulin. Should I just leave food down tonight and re assess in the morning? Any over the counter meds I can give her for upset stomach?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Bumping this up. You might want to change the the title asking for help, and add the ? icon.

3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Ended up going to the vet. Blood sugar after throwing up was 414. Vet gave sub q fluids and anti nausea and probiotics. Vet told me me to give her a unit even if she didn’t eat. Kept down some tuna around midnight and was wanting breakfast at 5am which is good. I think fluids and anti nausea helped. BG was 175 15 mins or so after breakfast so I went ahead with her 2 normal units of insulin. Wife is at home with her so we will see how she does today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.