Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Box System

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, I am interested in feedback/opinions on this item, I will share litterbox habits in my household to best explain & understand if this is a good fit:
    1. I am a neat freak - I literally have to wait for the urine to dry a bit or "poo" to harden enough to scoop - picture them in the box going & me standing there with the scooper, just waiting for them to finish! LOL Okay.. not quite that bad, I give them their space, but I am in the next room & scoop immediately for my senses & their space.
    2. They both tend to wait until I get home to use their box.
    3. Both have nice litterbox habits (meaning no accidents, etc)
    4. 2 cats have 4 boxes, one at household level - the other 3 in the garage they have easy access to.
    5. 2 cats, Baby & Sadi.

Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Box System

2. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Somebody in LL mentioned having one of these and loving it.....I think maybe Pat?

3. Nicole & Baby

Oooooo really, Betty?? Grrrreat news, I will check there too!! (((thank you))) Hi Hank & Elvis too!! cat_pet_icon

4. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

My sister has one for her diabetic kitty and civvies. She LOVES it.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I posted about Blackie's Breeze system on LL and I just got another one for my civie that lives in the office. I have read that the transition can be difficult and that some cats won't use it, but the store took the system back. I didn't have that problem with Blackie or my other civies. I followed the instructions for transitioning to the new box and used the full 3 days to make the switch. I'm still working on the office civie -its been 2 days. Blackie liked it so well that he was sleeping in it for a couple of days after the transition. LOL

I love this lb system! It's probably a little more expensive than conventional litter, but its worth it for me. I tried it because with Blackie's CRF he pees huge quantities that can't harden quickly. So then he would step in it and get the litter stuck to his feet and track it everywhere including our laps. I tried about 7 different litters before I went to Breeze. I have to change the pads on the Breeze about every 2 - 3 days and this is with Blackie and 2 civies using it once in a while. (The civies also have their own lb in the basement.) I scoop out the poop whenever I see it and can usually just flush it. The really nice thing is that there is no more litter tracked all over the house. I used to have to sweep almost daily and this is one of the reasons I got one for Bitsy (office civie) because there is always litter everywhere in there. There are a few pellets on the floor, but much easier to pick up. There is also no odor, unless you don't scoop the poop.

If you want more info, just let me know. FYI - I found a coupon for $10 off on the internet before I bought the first one. And I'm buying the pads in bulk at Amazon.

6. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

I use this for my 5 cat household and LOVE IT!!! It is the best system for a diabetic cat who urinates A LOT!

I tried my litters before I found this system...the stores here in southern california stopped carrying it so I purchase the pee pee pads and the litter online at amazon.com

I actually signed up for their automatic shipping so they send me a 3 month supply of litter and pee pee pads every three months.

I change the litter itself once a month and the pee pee pads every three days...but I only have two boxes...

This litter system is soooo clean!

the only downside would be that it is not scented...but I'm over that because I love the litter system soooooo much...

I just clean the poo whenever it's in the box and there is not odor...I also sprinkle a little arm and hammer litter deoderizer on the pee pee pads to add my own little fresh scent:)

seriously I can't say enough good things about this system...

the switching over from the old traditional boxes to these was difficult for my crew...but I didn't give up and eventually just took the old boxes away and replaced it with these...

7. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, everyone! Today is payday & I am going to buy this!! Soooooo excited!! Does anybody know where I can get a coupon?

8. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

Here's another testimonial in favor of the Breeze system. We love it. No more heavy, stinky, wet, goopy litter to dump into the trash every week. No more litter box smell throughout the house (you sort of get used to it, which is even worse, because your guests notice what you don't). And no more lugging those big bags of cat litter home from the store.

We were skeptical because Beethoven is very finicky about his litterbox. We once changed to a different type of litter and he refused to use it. However, we were patient with this transition and used the instructions provided. He amazed us all and changed over to the new system. It's so easy and clean (gee, I feel like a commercial). I only wish we had changed over sooner.

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, everyone!! I found my coupon!! 10.00 off!
    No worries about sounding like a commercial.. I am the same way when talking about feeding a Raw diet!!

11. Helen & Snickers

Helen & Snickers Member

Hmmm, I may have to give this another look. I used something very similar when I first got Snickers and Sasha, but they didn't like it and preferred to pee on the floor, so I switched to a regular box. But with four cats now, we have A LOT of litter tracked around. The one I had before had little pebbles instead of litter, and I found that having to rinse them off every few days was a pain, too.

12. Nicole & Baby

I got it! Petsmart has them on sale right now for $29.99 & I had a $10 coupon -- so $20 (cant beat that!) I have it sitting next to one of their boxes & Sadi used the new Tidy Cat Breeze by choice immediately! Baby has not used any litterbox this evening yet.. so I am anxious to see what she chooses!! Good news..... no litter tracked for me to sweep! I LOVE it already I think!! :mrgreen:

13. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Cool....I'll be anxious to see how it goes (no pun intended). :lol: keep us posted.

so will you keep one regular plus this one..is that the plan?

How much for the refill stuff and pads and things you need to make it work?

14. eliseandpony

eliseandpony Member

pony has used the breeze since she was diagnosed. like you, i am always waiting right there to immediately scoop and my cat never has accidents. i was nervous but pony had no problem transitioning to the breeze. this might seem gross, but i think the pads are a waste of money and i don't use them. i just dump the pee right from the tray into the toilet and rinse the tray out twice a day. it actually seems cleaner than dealing with the saturated pads. pony used to like having a lot of litter poured into her old clumping litter box, but with the breeze i just use a half bag at a time. good luck with the breeze. i love it and so does pony. no more messy tracking and no more carrying 20 pound buckets of what is fated to become garbage in and then back out. and no more filling the landfills with all that. way, way, way less waste with the breeze. there is also something called the smartbox that is very similar but even more environmentally sensible. my only criticism with the breeze is that the non absorbent pellets actually do absorb the pee over time and therefore must be disposed. i wish there could be truly non absorbent pellets that you bleach clean from time to time and just constantly reuse. then there really would be no waste.

15. Nicole & Baby

I just wanted to let everyone know that I LOVE this litterbox now too!! Sadi & Baby both have urinated in it - but neither have gone poo in it yet.. the only thing I wish is that the box was bigger.. they both go right on the edge, so the same spot of the pad gets wet & the rest is completely dry.. I wish they went in the middle!! This box is in my laundry room & I was contstantly sweeping litter up many times a day & finding litter on the carpet - no matter how clean I kept my place.. now I have none of that!! It is sooooooo wonderful!! They still have access to the old litterboxes out in the garage with the other litter.. that is where they are going poo, so I hope they eventually use the breeze for both ;-) I just removed the other box about a day into it, I did not wait the full 3 days. But this box is sooooo clean, you all were right!

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

So I should give it a try?? I wish I read this before the weekend.
    I was in NY on Saturday at Target and I saw it and had no clue what it was.
    Now I am disappointed I did not pay more attention to it.
    I am pretty sure I can't get that in Montreal.
    Oh well, next trip. I lugged home 2 huge bins of litter.

17. Nicole & Baby

Randi... I got it for a good deal.. Petsmart has them on sale for 29.99 & I had a 10 coupon too.. so for 20 bucks.. I HIGHLY reccommend this.. it is clean & no tracking of litter around the house or floor!!

18. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

You can buy it on amazon.com

19. MsKarilynn

MsKarilynn New Member

Thanks so much for posting about this product. I had no idea it even existed. This is going to totally save my life! My diabetic cat urinates A LOT as we all know they tend to do and he fills up his box in less than 2 days. I can't wait to try this when I get paid on Friday. This is just exactly what I need.

20. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I have two of these boxes, switched over from clumping litter about 6 months ago. I found them in Walmart, I think I paid $16 after the $10 coupon on the second one! I love them, so much less waste. The only thing you need to watch is that you change the pad before it gets oversaturated....if you wait too long, it is really messy to change. My cats pee in the same spot too, but you can pull the pan out, flip it around and put it back in without touching the pad...that helps! If you want to, you can wash the pellets and reuse them. I saw a post somewhere that someone had tried it.

21. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

are you still able to check for ketones with this litterbox?

22. Nicole & Baby

Hi, Devon. I only tested Baby once for ketones, her blood sugar was never really high for me to have to test ketones. However, when she was diagnosed - I was encouraged to & I did so, by placing the testing strip directly in her urine stream - so if you test that way - then yes, this box can be used. I do know for those who stick the testing strip in the litter, they are told to.. put some litter in a cup, put water in the cup & then the strip to see if the litter causes a reaction - if it doesn't then you can quickly stick the stick in the litter after kitty goes - knowing you are getting a good reading. I suspect you would have to test this litter to tell. If you want me to, I cant test for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.