Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

we're back home, tiger got subQ fluids and a shot for nausea. he has no blockages that the vet could feel, so they drew blood (he hasn't had bloodwork in a while, maybe 1 and 1/2 yrs) and we get results on mon. meanwhile, i have to try to get him to eat, she suggested baby food chicken and turkey, which i bought. he is sleeping now, in his usual spot on the couch, but in a more comfortable position, all curled up in a ball. poor boy howled half heartedly all the way over to the vet and all the way back! but he sat still during all of his visit and they all remarked on how gentle he is! that's my boy!

2. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I hope he feels better and starts eating for you Susan and that this was just something temporary. Poor little guy!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good for tiger, i don't know why but i have a feeling he is going to be just fine.

4. Kimber and Bunny GA

Kimber and Bunny GA New Member

Sending BEST wishes!
    Perhaps try boiled boneless skinless chicken breast? Easy to digest, tempting to eat, and helps settle their tummies.

5. Susan G and Tiger GA

further update--tiger would have nothing to do w/the baby meat at first, but i finally got him to lick it off of my finger! he ate about 3/4 of the jar that way, i got nipped a few times, but who cares?? then he went to his fav spot for a lie down. i was working in the kitchen a bit later and looked up suddenly, and there he was, whining for food!!(he does this every day the whole time i'm cooking). s o i put a few teaspoonfuls in his bowl and he licked his bowl clean, then proceeded to wash himself! then back to his special spot. i was really excited, though he seems a bit weak still. then, oh joy, i noticed tabby in the litterbox (again), and she has diarrhea! what gives here?? so out w/the pumpkin for her. i'm worn out and will be glad to retire to my room to watch some tv and crochet! thanks for all the good thoughts for us, i'll keep you posted.

6. Susan G and Tiger GA

this am , before 7, i hear a familiar raspy miaow outside my bedroom door! tiger is up and ready to eat! he had a full jar of baby turkey (i didn't want to upset the tummy) then washed and took up his regular post next to the table, just in case someone wanted to share their food! i never thought how wonderful that early morning wake up miaow would sound when it never came yesterday am! i'm also getting some boiled chicken ready for him later (thanks, kimber). he is back in his spot again, guarding the back door!

7. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that tiger is doing so much better! What a wonderful sound to wake up to this morning cat_pet_icon

8. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

yea, susan! i know how upsetting/scary it is when our kitties aren't feeling well.
    looks like the baby food jump started his appetite.
    another trick to try is to give only a few licks of baby food each time, then make him wait 10 min or so for more. that can get them hungry as well and helps if their tummies are a little upset.

9. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm sending tons of prayers and good thoughts your way. I hope for a speedy recover for both of your furbabies. :)

10. Susan G and Tiger GA

all paws crossed here, everyone furry seems well today!! pumpkin helped tabby and tiger is feeling just like his old self one again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.