GA Tiger will be getting her wings today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Witn (GA), Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Tiger will be getting her wings today. She is going downhill very quickly and I cannot let her suffer any more.

In August of 2007, I agreed to foster two cats, Spot and Tiger. Spot was diabetic and their owner could no longer take care of her. When I received them, they were two scared kitties and Spot was in need of urgent care. Her diabetes was completely not under control.

I was a foster failure. I nursed Spot back to health and fell in love with Tiger and Spot. I did not have Spot for very long. A couple years later, I lost her to cancer.

Tiger is such a sweet cat. She loves to lay on my lap for hours. She has always had a quiet sweet personality.

Last week she was diagnosed with cancer. Everything happened so quickly. The week before she stopped eating. I took her back to the vet and we thought that her IBD was back. However, she did not respond to treatment. Last Monday, I took her in and they did an ultrasound and biopsy. That was when they discovered she had lymphoma.

She would have been 17 next month. I have been very blessed to have had her in my life for the last 8 1/2 years. Today she will join her sister Spot as well as Witn, Rascal, Ricky, and Sculley. I will miss her so much.

Fly free my sweet baby. I love you so much.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

((((Lisa & Tiger))))

My heart aches for you, Lisa ...

Mogs

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa. You've done everything you can and you are giving her the last, greatest gift we can give.

Fly free, sweet Tiger! Land softly.

HUGS

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lisa. Fly free sweet Tiger:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So very sorry Lisa! RIP Tiger!

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh so very sorry that you will be losing your baby. You were a wonderful bean and are doing the last act of kindness for Tiger. Hugs being sent. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Lisa, I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. Prayers for Tiger as she journeys to her new life at the Rainbow Bridge, and strength and (((hugs))) for you.
    Fly free, beloved Tiger cat_wings>o

8. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lisa :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Really saddened by this, Lisa. It's so difficult - safe passage, Tiger, and prayers for you :bighug::bighug:

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We'll be thinking of Tiger and of you, Lisa, as Tiger begins her new adventure. She will be "in good paws" at the Bridge with all the GAs, and will be reunited with her sister, Spot, Witn, and all your other beloved kitties.
    Fly free, brave Tiger! You are much loved. cat_wings>o

Ella & Rusty & Stu (GA)

11. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

HUGS and HUGS Lisa and headbutts sweet Tiger....lots of sweet babies await you at the Bridge. Remember Lisa, she's not 'gone', you just have to hug her differently.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet Tiger....landing softly back in Mama's broken heart...

12. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers.

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. Be free little one. Run and find Spot.

14. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry! Having made that awful decision with my Lil Mouse just two weeks ago today, I know how bad you're hurting. I also know that no words will take away that hurt, but Tiger had a very good life thanks to you, RIP Tiger. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

My very deepest condolences, Lisa. I just saw this on another condo and can relate and I know you feel the same. What a blessing for her that you took her and Spot in. They lived lives full of love that they will know through eternity.

image.jpeg

Critter Mom likes this.
  16. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry it's Tiger's time to leave you, Lisa. Please accept my deepest condolences.

17. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. May Tiger romp and play with the other kitties across the bridge

18. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Tiger.
    {{hugs}}

19. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It has been a very rough day as many of you know from experience. I know the greatest gift I could give her was setting her free from her pain and suffering.

Fly free Tiger. I love you so much and will miss you dearly. cat_wings>o

20. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

For Tiger ...

[​IMG]

For you, Lisa ...

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss :bighug:

22. pat121

pat121 Member

Just saw this. I am numb (reality and beer right now) but it is hard. And maybe "fast" is good. Beau got dignozed (cannot see to type for tears) with diabetes the first of March. The fatty liver came later, and today the fluids on the heart and lung, along with some palpatation (sp?) that said he was having heart failure. I think the people upstairs make the decisions for us to make it easier. I hate your choice and mine, but it's good maybe tht we can make those choices. i saw both mother and father suffer for so long, and nothing i could do but be there (with Mom 24/7 fr years; dad, daily and all night, but worked during the day). It's funny how much they can become our entire lives (at least Beau seemed to be my life). I was happy just laying there, or looking at his beautiful little pink nose or kissing on him. Letting this go is horrible, yet would you want to stay here and have to deal with stuff because oe of your loved ones wanted to keep lookig at you a while longer.

Tiger and Beau will get to know each other and send us healing vibes, I'm sure. Hugs to you

23. Nancy and Scotty

Nancy and Scotty Member

So sorry for you loss.

24. Liz & IttyBit

Liz & IttyBit Member

I'm very sorry for your loss.

25. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

RIP Tiger :bighug::bighug:

26. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

I'm so sorry! RIP Tiger. cat_wings>o

27. matahari

matahari Member

blessings and healing to you and your heart...

28. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

I'm so sorry. Sending hugs.

29. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss:bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Thank you everyone for you kind words. This has been a sad week. So many of our babies have crossed the bridge. :rb_icon:

pat121 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.