Tigger AMPS 353, +5 170, +6 219, PMPS 279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

So I'm reading everyone's numbers and seeing 60's, 70's, etc and people still shooting. I am a bit confused now about all the different "rules" in terms of reductions and what constitutes a "good" cycle. Green nadirs are good . . . but if you get them its actually time for a reduction? On AT scale green is 68-99 . . . and the SLGS protocol says if nadir is under 90 - reduce by 0.25 units. That's only 9 points in the green range where you're supposed to hold a dose. It also says these guidelines are not for AT meter users . . . . sooooo . . . . now I'm worried I SHOULD have reduced when Tig got an 89 . . . . . . the green section for human meters is 50-99 . . . but still only a 9 point "hold steady" green area. And these are also PS numbers you can shoot? I can't imagine Shooting Tigger lower than 150 and even that scares the crap outta me. Hell, I'm scared right now and his PMPS was yellow!!!!

2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

If you have important questions,especially about dosing, you need to add a ? mark to the days title .( i.e. ? Dosing advice/9/9 Tigger )The people that have been here a long time can give you excellent advice about all your questions.
    Did you read the Yellow Sticky notes about the SLGS Method that you're following? And the information about how Lantus insulin works? Once you understand how Lantus works it will make it a lot easier .

It's also a good idea to go on others people's condo's & look at the Spread Sheats. I've been here for a little over 7 months & it took me a long time before i could shoot low numbers. Now that I understand how the Insulin works & after a LOT of testing I've shot several times in Green numbers.
    My cat Ravan has dropped down in the 30's I test a lot so although I was surprised to see that low number I fed him some FF 15% carbs & kept checking every half hour till his glucose came up.Ravan didn't show any reaction to that Lime green. Some cats can drop that low & go Hypo. so you will have sleep deprived nights.There's times I get up every few hours to test him.

I just looked at Tiggers SS & I can see you also test frequently. That's good. Did he have Lab work done? I didn't see any results?

I wish you the best of luck with Tigger! :) The people here know more about diabetes in Cats than most vets do.

You are in the right place. Be patient ,read a lot of the information provided & it will all work out. :)