Tigger nadir 89 - decrease current dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

According to the SLGS protocol sticky the 89 Tigger got late on 9/3 means we should technically stop the 1.5 units and go back to 1.25. . . . . but it's sooooo close to 90 and I don't want to lose any of the progress we seem to be making. Please advise. I also don't want him to go hypo and his AMPS was the lowest we've shot in a while (282). . . . and I have to go back to work tomorrow!

Plus it says after a week if Nadirs are >150 go up 0.25, 90-150 stay the same, and <90 decrease by 0.25. What if there are like 5 readings that fit in each group???

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there! I understand you not wanting to lose momentum. It looks like this AM he is all ready breaking the bounce.

When you go back to work tomorrow, how often will you be able to test? Will you be able to get a +2 in before you leave to see how the cycle is headed so that you could give some higher carb food if necessary? With it being so close to 90, I wouldn't decrease the dose because of all the other numbers around it and 90 is not super close to 68 which would be your take action number using the Alpha Track.

All that said, you hold the syringe and know what you are comfortable with.

3. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

No testing really during the cycle once I'm back at work. We T/F/S at 645am so I could technically get a +1 before leaving at 745, but he barely has a budge in his numbers at +2 or +3 usually. And we can't really move things earlier because sometimes we don't get home from work until 630pm.

I was worried he'd go really low today with that PS of 282 but he's going up!?!?! 330 @ +3 and 370 @ +6 . . . . still bouncing up?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like it's a slow bounce back upward. For better or worse, with SLGS you do have a bit more flexibility with regard to dosing. It seems to me that your instincts to hold the dose were on target. But, as Bobbie noted, it's your call.

5. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Considering we were shooting him with 1.5 units BID for 2 weeks after diagnosis with no testing . . . . . never had one inkling he was going hypo. I know things can change rapidly but since we are testing, sometimes quite a bit I feel ok sticking with this dose, maybe giving him MC in his feeder after breakfast/right before we leave. He's a grazer and will leave it for hours usually. Or even just 5 chicken&cheese dry treats- he loves them and they work fast but not as long lasting as actual dry food.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Can you update the SS with his numbers today, that will help us to see what is happening.

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It's actually <90 then decrease by 0.25u.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

What if you could change the shot time so that you could get a +2 before you leave. This would mean you'd have to get up a bit earlier than you are doing now and shoot around 5:45 AM The +2 is very telling on whether the cycle will be active or not and then you could leave appropriate food for the number, ie, MC or HC depending on the number you get and how fast he is dropping.

This way he would be safer while you are gone all day. And you would still be in the ball park of timing if you don't get home till 6:30 pm to T/F/S .

9. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Is 45 min really okay? Because my girlfriend tested and fed but got an important call and forgot to shoot . . . Can I give now?

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, and you can shoot as much as 30 mins. earlier tomorrow to help get back on schedule.

11. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

OK good!
    SS updated. Also of note he just threw up half his dinner getting a hairball out :/ I retested and BG is 393 so I feel ok shooting still.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.