Tiki cat food(puka puka luau) chicken, feedback

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marcia-n-Chinker, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcia-n-Chinker

Marcia-n-Chinker Member

Has anyone used Tiki wet cat food? I notice several people used Fancy Feast because its low carb, but what about Tiki (puka puka luau), its has even lower carbs than Fancy Feast. So, why isn't anyone using it, is there something bad about it that I haven't notice?

I would like to try it, but would like some feedback from anyone who may have used it before I purchase. I know its a little more costly but its solid shredded chicken meat & broth, no extra junk is added to it. Some feedback/info.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I tried it early on but my girls would not eat it. They get Weruva Chicken Frick A' Zee.

3. Marcia-n-Chinker

Marcia-n-Chinker Member

Oh, thats not good, maybe I'll need to research another. Thanks

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

My cat liked the Tiki, but it’s just too expensive to feed daily.

Vader723 and Critter Mom like this.
  5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Your cat may love it! In all fairness, I tried this early in the transition to wet food. I have not tried it again since. Maybe they would eat it now. If I remember correctly, it is similar to the Weruva in texture.

6. Marcia-n-Chinker

Marcia-n-Chinker Member

Yes, its costly, I was considering using it as a treat, being so low with carbs. I'll check out the Weruva brand, also.
    Well, I have to go outside & do evening farm chores. Info is helpful.:)

Sharon14 and PussCatPrince - GA like this.
  7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

There was a member her a few years ago (not active now) but her sugar cat got on great with the Tiki Cat food. IIRC, as Sharon mentions above, this other member also commented on the price of the stuff. I think she used it in rotation with other foods (but don't quote me on this).

Mogs

8. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I've been using Tiki Cat Puka Puka Luau and Koolina Luau, and Wild Salmon occasionally since April 2017. Cans mostly, some pouches, too.

In my opinion: an outstanding product.

The best I have seen so far - in a commercial sense of things. It is 0% carbs. High caloric value/ per can. Lowest Phosphorous level per Dr. Pierson chart.

The latest research ( I forgot by whom but I can find it if needed) revealed that the egg yolk is beneficial for cats who are having hairballs often. And Tiki Cat Koolina Luau contains egg yolk powder.

A bit pricey.

Rumors has it that the Tiki Cat was sold to the PetCo chain - no one knows if it is true , or how and if it will affect the quality....

..but at the moment - it is my favorite food for my cat - only home made raw is better - and I' d recommend Tiki as it is as of today to anyone.

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. ZulusMom (GA)

ZulusMom (GA) Member

My cats love it! I contacted their customer service about a week ago and they confirmed that both the luau and grill varieties are zero carb (non-detectable). Because of the price we rotate it in.

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

All 4 of my cats are crazy about it, I just can't afford to feed it to all 4 on any regular basis. It is excellent food.

Vader723 likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

I give Pig Tiki Cat as a treat. It is by far the best commercially produced food I have ever found. It is a tad expensive and considering a large portion of the can is broth, it becomes even more pricey to feed it on a regular basis. However, it is a very excellent product and I have been quite impressed! Pig love the Chicken and Quail Egg which has an actual, whole quail egg in it! Wonderful product and definitely worth a try!

Squalliesmom and Vader723 like this.
  12. Vader723

Vader723 Member

As others have stated, I love this product because my cats love it! It’s like kitty crack. :) Before The Diagnosis, I used it as a twice daily supplemental treat, and to increase dietary water intake. When I made that switch to all wet food after the FD diagosis, I realized as a stand alone product I simply could not afford it. If I was feeding just one cat, I would totally do it, but I have 3 of the furry little pigs, so Fancy Feast it is. Huzzah! Thankfully, they have all come to an accord on flavors they will eat, so far less is ending up in the trash bin :arghh::banghead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.