Time to 'Hit the Road'

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurballLover, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Going on a road trip!! Haven't done that since college--we always fly. This time, we're driving so we can visit family along the way.

My best friend is getting married a week from sat, on the beach in Pompano, FL, and of course, I'm a bridesmaid--can't wait, very happy for her.

This Sat, we will start off by driving to Louisville to visit DH's bro for the night, haven't visited him since he moved there a year and a half ago--and we finally get to meet his girlfriend.

Sun we will drive to Tallahassee to spend 3 nights with DH's sis, her hubby, and our nephews. So excited, we haven't seen our 2 1/2 yr old nephew in a year, and she just had a baby in Jan. Can I tell you how many toys I have in the car to spoil them rotten with?! Found the cutest onesie for the baby that says: "MY AUNTIE ROCKS"

Wed we will head down to W Palm Beach to visit DH's rents, they will also be attending the wedding. They have been a sort-of adopted family for my friend since she moved there a few years ago.

We will be in Pompano for the weekend wedding festivities--and then drive back Mon-Tues. 10 days total!! I really need to get away, work has made me extra crazy, and a break will do us both some good. If we survive the preparations for leaving. I haven't stopped working and running around for weeks now, and I'm getting pooped!
    My family is taking care of the business (Mom & DS are coming down to sunny fla for the weekend to attend the wedding). My manager will help Dad take care of things at work. Everyone is taking turns coming to my house to care for the pets. They always do much better at home alone, than at the vets for boarding. Can I tell you how relieved I am that Charlie is still OTJ---he would've had to be at the vet's if not 'cause there is no one who would be able to give him his tests/shots.
    So, I probably won't be visiting the boards--gonna try my best to be 'unplugged' for the trip! (DH is bringing the suped-up netbook, so we can get online if needed). Hope everyone is enjoying spring--c-u in a couple weeks!!

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome! Take advantage of all opportunities while you can.

Lucky for you and Charlie he is OTJ, however, road trips with a DM kitty are actually very possible. I set up his litter box in the trunk and leave the pass though open. If H didn't turn into a barfy [Cerenia takes care of the barfing now], drooly, hyperventilating mess, I'm sure we would take more of them. Despite H being in clear distress it never effected his BGs.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a blast!!! Hope you have a great time, and all the furries have fun partying it up while mom's out of the house. :mrgreen:

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Woohoo, have a great time!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Have a great time and dont' worry about anything. But drive careful too. (Do I sound like your mom?)

6. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Ele-yeah, Mom already told me to drive careful like 5 times!! Thats ok, I tell that to DH every night when he calls to tell me he's on his way home from work!

How cute is this--Mom wrote out a schedule for the whole family to take care of the pets. They each have assigned times and days!!! I typed out an info sheet for feeding and such (before the fd, the list of instructions was very short!) There' a bold disclaimer: DO NOT GIVE CHARLIE ANY TREATS!!!

DBro is bringing his lab over for playdates with my drooler so she isn't so bored. They will probably get more attention while we're gone :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.