Time to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Well I guess I should introduce myself after reading all the posts.

By now you know my cats name is Spice, Spicey, or sometimes i will call her chubbers or Garfield's girlfriend. And I am David.

Spice has been on Pzi vet insulin since Dec 2008 3units 2x day until Oct 2009, vet increased dosage to 5 units 2x a day after food. Hypo on 12-31-09 and 1-11-10.
    Currently adjusting dosage with input from everyone here.

All I have to say is Thank You guys soooo much. I really thought I was either going to lose spice or have to put her down that nite or i thought is this the beginning of the end. And you guys helped me so much and all the info has been great although I think my brain might explode lol.

She has been doing great the last couple of days and I feel more relieved than ever. I am so glad I found you guys.

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Welcome David and Spicey

I wasn't around as part of the help-out crew when you were having problems, but I'm glad to know you got help and are doing better.

This is a great group of people.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome, Dave. I don't remember from your posts - what are you feeding Spice? I'm just wondering if you changed the food and that caused the need for less insulin. I'm glad you found us and I hope we can help.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hi David! I'm glad to see you posting here. It's good that you're linking to Health too, as I mentioned last night that you could do, just to make sure you get the most eyes on your situation as possible. :)

5. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Ele , Currently I am feeding spice wet canned prescriptive m/d. I know it is not good for her but it is the only thing that she will eat right now. I am looking to switch her to a low carb if she will eat it. She will not eat the wet canned friskies special diet beef and chicken. She licks it but does not eat it. The only way I found out that is i was weighing her food before and after she ate. She will not eat the fancy feast either but that was a long time ago.

I also pulled all the dry food since we started the 1 unit of pzi vet.

Update on food. I tried giving her the wet canned friskies special diet beef and chicken and added a little water to it, stirred it all together and she ate 14 grams of it (might be 1/4 oz). that is the most she ate in a long time.

but now i will have to monitor her dosing close if i can get her to eat the special diet.

6. tajana340

tajana340 Member

just curious of what otj means. I get the impression it doesn't sound good.

7. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

OTJ means "off the juice" = off the insulin = diet controlled.

8. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried any of the Wellness grain free flavors?

H is picky and he likes a number of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.