? time to see cat cardiologist?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MayL, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayL

MayL Member

Hello! Does anyone have experience with the Cardiopet ProBNP blood screen? My other non-diabetic cat's results came back at 149 when under 100 is normal. Even though it is mildly elevated, does this warrant a visit to a cardiologist? It is difficult trying to evaluate the seriousness of the result. His T4 came back at 2.8 and we are still waiting on the Free T4. Thank you!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

My civi Mia had a BNP of 159 last September. It was predental bloodwork. X Rays were inconclusive but good enough to go on with the dental. The cardiologist did an echo that showed mild problems. BNP was measured in March and it was 139.

149 is not that bad. If no symptoms and no upcoming surgery, a cardiologist visit is likely not warranted.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. MayL

MayL Member

Thank you for sharing your story! Did the echo and mild problems mean Mia started some medication or supplements? Or was there any recommended lifestyle changes?

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

No changes were recommended. The cardiologist only said do BNP in 6 months and then another 6 months and then another echo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.