Time to see change after switching foods?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lenistar, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenistar

lenistar Member

Hello, all,

I switched my "borderline diabetic" cat's food last week to Tiki cat wet, but he still seems to be urinating frequently. Can it take awhile for the body to adjust to a new food? And if a "borderline diabetic" cat starts eating zero carbs, do you think it's very possible to reverse it and get his numbers back to normal? I'm so scared.

Thank you for any help,
    Leni

2. ZulusMom (GA)

ZulusMom (GA) Member

Hi Leni - I'm a newbie myself, so maybe someone with more experience will chime in, but the answer is yes to both questions. Every cat is different, some respond very quickly, some not as much and it can take a few weeks for a cat to respond to diet change. Often if a cat is borderline, a change in diet is enough to push them back into normal ranges. So the outlook for your fur baby is pretty good!

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you get a meter you can take a reading rather than just guessing at the progress. Yes is possible it will reverse. Also possible your cat will soon need insulin.

If you want to learn how to test we can tell you what to buy and when and how to test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.