Timed Feeders

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Supermax (GA), Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermax (GA)

Supermax (GA) Member

Howdy Everyone

I need to get hold of a timed feeder for Max. We can't find them here (actually correction, I found one very wobbly "made in China" number that they wanted $200 for...yes can you spell RIP OFF)

So, I'm going to try and ship one over from the States. Please can you tell me which one you use, recommendations. Also, how ny hours apart do you usually set yours. Any advice. Thanks so much

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I have had the Pet Safe 5 compartment feeder for 4 years and 2 cats now. Neither cat can break into it. It is pretty easy to program and the batteries seem to last a long time. The secret seems to be that the bottom piece with the food moves, not the lid, so it harder to get into. I feed my non diabetic cat twice a day; the feeder is set for 6am and 10pm. You can set it for anytime you want - there are no set times, just a timer clock thing. We tried 3 other feeders and Oliver was always able to pop the lids.

I got it at PetSmart. You can also order it on line. Just goggle Pet Safe.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I have 2 of the Petsafe 5-compartment feeders and they work well and keep the food in the compartments from getting crusty. You can digitally program it to move up to 8 times I think (we only use 5, but I know it goes higher). I think I paid $60-70 each. Got them at Petsmart and they are available on their online site, not sure if they ship internationally.

I also have 2 2-compartment ones (I think they are also by Petsafe). They are not digital, but on a geared timer that goes for 48-hrs. They are not quite as kitty proof, but once open, the food stays available to the kitties until its gone, unlike the 5-compartment one. We use them for free feeding and when we are going to be gone for over 20 hours to ensure some food is saved until the end. These are cheaper $30-40, but not as good for feeding throughout the day IMO.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

We also use the Petsafe 5-meal feeder. Got it through Amazon.com for a great price. KB sleeps by it. He gets three snacks, 3 hours apart, between his two main meals, so I fill it twice a day (while I'm preparing his meal).

6. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I had a lot of trouble buying auto feeders because Bandit is like a raccoon when it comes to food...I have two of these (one for each cat, so they both get to eat). http://cgi.ebay.com/4-DAY-LCD-AUTOMATIC ... 2a079bc798

I've had cheaper feeders and more expensive ones, and this is the only one he hasn't been able to break into. It also has an lcd clock, a compartment under the top hood to put a freezer pack, and you can record a voice message to play at feeding time. I've only found them on ebay, and you can bid on them (I paid 50-$60 for mine incl. shipping) to try and find the lowest price. A search for "LCD auto feeder" should bring up a bunch, if you want to do a buy it now or bid on a different one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.