? Tiny Tiger canned food--is it low carb?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gracie85, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

While deciding how many cases of FF pate to order this time, I saw the Chewy.com site suggest a food called Tiny Tiger brand. The ingredients look similar, the price is better, as FF seems to be rising every time I order (and we are using 9-10 cans a day for our three cats). Has anyone looked into the % carbs in this food, is it okay to use? I'm not finding it on the food chart here.

2. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

when you look at Chewy's listing of the individual foods, there is a tab about halfway down that says Nutritional Information

usually lists at least the ingredients, if not the percentages we crave

the variety pack of pate looks like LC .. only carbohydrate I saw was guar gum, and most foods have that in them

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Also if you go to chewy's .com and look at all of the different kinds of tiny tiger brand, next to the review you will see questions that were asked and answered. Just tap on where it says questions , most of the time people will ask how many carbs, I looked at the pates and that question was asked and answered

4. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

oh okay, Have had 2 eye surgeries and three revision procedures in the last 3 months, so while I saw the basic nutrition info (which does not list carbs, curses on them!) I did not look into reviews or questions because I have very limited eye usage before the migraines and double vision kick in.
    But now that I know something worth spending my eye time on is there, I will go look.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. Marianne M

Marianne M Member

Hello Gracie Welcome. Here is the info on the carbs for Tiny Tiger pate. Hope this is helpful to you.

The Beef Recipe contains approximately 2% Carbohydrates, the Turkey and Giblets Recipe has approximately 1.5% Carbohydrates and the Chicken Recipe has approximately 2.3% Carbohydrates, all given on an as fed basis. The fish pate is about the same.
    The Fancy Feast is 1% higher in Protein than Tiny Tiger.

By on Dec 8, 2018 Report

6. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

Thank you! "As Fed" includes the water content, right?

7. Marianne M

Marianne M Member

I believe as fed means right from the can. I always add water to Mango's wet food and make it like a "soup". He loves it with the added water. Until his diabetes get to an acceptable BG level, he was testing high for ketones. The water and eating is what is helping Mango to stay out of the ketone zone. We are still on the quest for the right Prozinc dosage and will be doing another curve Monday. Have a great Saturday! :cat::)

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  8. Marianne M

Marianne M Member

Forgot to mention that the wet food does have juice in it but adding more water doesn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.