To everyone here--thank you!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by grapey, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grapey

grapey Member

My cat Lily was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 2012, and I remember how terrified and scared and upset I was. This website was such a godsend. I remember how I read the "letter to newbies, from your cat" and how it really did make me feel so much better.

Right now I'm dealing with my dog being diagnosed with cushing's, and in a lot of ways I feel like I did a year and a half ago. I've found a good online forum with lots of experts to help me figure this out, and it reminded me of my first days here at FDMB. It's such a relief to have people say, "I've been there, and it's going to be OK." Which I can say now to my fellow diabetic cat peeps :)

I'm not on here much these days, because things are going well, so to everyone here who patiently offers wisdom, support, love, etc--THANK YOU.

And for those of you with newly diagnosed kitties, it does get easier--and cheaper :) I never thought I'd be able to take blood from my cat's ear to test her glucose, but she let me do it *seven times* the other day (for a curve and then the beginning of the next cycle). Treating her diabetes just feels like no big deal--it's the new normal.

edit: Also, SO THANKFUL for people who suggested buying one of the lantus solostar pens. I was basically throwing away half a vial of lantus every four months.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Wow!

Good luck with the Cushings - it can be tricky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.