To much insulin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by csepulveda85, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Ditto to that! Amazing job, guys....

2. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Crystal, I hope you caught up on your sleep today! How is luscious doing? Did you lower her dose?

3. csepulveda85

csepulveda85 Member

Shes doing good.. she vomited a little but i new she would due to the honey.. I did lower her dosage and shes been ok so far ..
    i did sleep in today besides waking up again at 8am to feed her and walk the dog... but i got my zzz on lol
    thanks so much for your help! Me and Luscious appropriate it :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

4. csepulveda85

csepulveda85 Member

Here's a picture of her feeling better giving me some kisses <3

Attached Files:

5. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Very cute! She is a pretty girl. It would be great if you could get her into remission so she didnt need insulin any more. She hasn't been on it long so there is a chance she could do that...

Do you want to work with us to see if we can make that happen (can't promise anything) or at least get her nice and safe and stable? It will involve doing tests at least before every shot, and at least once during the day.

Let us know..

Wendy

6. Hi Crystal,
    Here are the instructions for creating and sharing a spreadsheet like most people have attached to their signatures. Besides your meter, it's the best tool at your disposal for treating Luscious's diabetes.
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18207
    If you'd like, give it a try, and if you run into any trouble or have questions about it, let us know.

You shot a reduced dose this morning? How much did you shoot? And what was her BG at shot time?

Carl

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Glad everything is ok. I do think she has a good chance of remission if she follows a scientifically based protocol. If she continues on the sliding scale your vet has her on, you should be prepared for more nights like last night.

Please let us know how we can help. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.