? To shoot or not to shoot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie Berber, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

182. After last nights dropping in the 40s, do i just hang tight and not shoot or go even lower; maybe .25?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Is this 182 the evening PS? If so you can stall without feeding for 20 minutes and retest. You want to know if she's on the way up or not. If she gets over 200, give the 0.75 u dose and be prepared to monitor. If she barely touches 200, lower the dose to 0.5 u and monitor. If she stays close to where she is or drops, don't give any insulin tonight.

3. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

This is her PM test. :( i already fed her. Shes learned that if i test her, shes getting food. So she stands long enough for me to test and then takes off to the sink because she knows I'll put water in her food. Then she runs to her spot for the dish.... maybe ill skip this shot all together and see what happens.....

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No shot is safest.

5. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

I did a .25 only. Was about 20 mins late with it.

6. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

+3 and shes at 54. Shes not due to eat again until 10:30 (another hour).

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd go ahead and give her a teaspoon or two of her regular low carb food and see if you can slow her down a little and test again in 30 minutes

She's very close to our "take action" point of 50

8. Julie Berber

Julie Berber Member

I gave her a little of her FF chicken and liver. Will test in about 30 mins.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.