Toby’s Intro

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sriedener, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sriedener

Sriedener New Member

Good morning! My “kitten” of 9 years was just diagnosed on Monday with diabetes, which I feared was the case as he was drinking a lot (like clearing out the dog’s water bowl too “a lot”) and I couldn’t keep up with the urine in the litter box, and he lost a significant amount of weight within a few weeks.

So we paid half a month’s bills worth of vet expenses, and came home with insulin and an antibiotic for his UTI and four cans and a bag of Purina DM, and he likes the pate style food, but he’s not eating a whole can daily like the vet suggested (and we haven’t opened the bag of dry yet, since I read some of this site beforehand). We’re on one unit of PZI every twelve hours at meal time, and my sweet boy is perking up. We’re going to try a different pate style food, and brother Gus and sister Snowbelle are getting their own, fancy new bowls today, too. Particularly Gus, who has been throwing a hissyfit over not getting to gorge all day, and doesn’t like his food options at meal times (the kibble they’ve been eating, or some 9 lives canned food). Hopefully that alleviates some jealousy and gets my big boy eating again, too.

Toby doesn’t hate getting his insulin, which makes it all a bit less stressful, since I’m squeamish about that kind of stuff. I’m just glad my sweet baby is feeling better. He even entertained his sister by flipping his tail this morning.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! You could get your money back on that dry food.

3. Sriedener

Sriedener New Member

I'll probably do that - none of my kitties seem to like the "stew" type foods so I'm going to return those two cans, as well.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Sriedener likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.