Today's amps=101, yesterday's amps: 105, @+3=65, +6110; do I shoot this am??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by GA Carol & Dante, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Do I have enough history to even make an informed decision to shoot this am?? Please advise, thank you, oh, I will not be able to come home today to test...until 5:30 any advice?

2. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

I ended up shooting .25 at 5:45, I will check a few more times before 8:45, and give more food, if too low for my comfort level!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one answered before you needed to shoot. If he surfs like yesterday, he should be fine, but you may want to leave some extra food out just in case.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Carol. Glad you will be able check again before you leave. The +2 will give you an indication of how active the cycle could be and you can give some more food to boost him up if needed.

5. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

[Sorry no one answered before you needed to shoot. If he surfs like yesterday, he should be fine, but you may want to leave some extra food out just in case.] Thank you Carla! Due to Bobbie and others in this forum, I was ok with it, as I remembered all the advice given to me earlier, so I have come a looooong way! Yesterday I gave Dante some home cooked chicken when I saw the 62@+3...AND was ok with that number...! Today's amps was even lower, so I was getting nervous...!

Hi Bobbie, I was hoping you would answer, but didn't want to tag you so early in the am! See, I have come a long way to even fathom shooting at 101, thanks to your and everyone's guidance here! WooHoo, thank you!

The 2 weeks I was coming home during lunch ended with me getting so far behind in work, so I am not able to do that regularly, (only when I get nervous!) I normally snack at my desk w/o an actual lunch break and many times I forget to even do that! If his BG is below 50 at+3, I will come home and test, otherwise, I will do as advised and give him more food.

However, 1 question: At which BG # do I not shoot???

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Carol! You are getting so good at this. :) Eventually you will be shooting anything over 50 since you are using a human meter. You will soon see that when you shoot a number in the greens, the cycle stays fairly flat. You know what we say around here ? : shoot low to stay low. You will get more and more confident as he starts hanging out in more greens.

It is good that you can come home from work to check if need be. Hopefully, the first green you shoot will be on a weekend or a PM cycle when you can monitor him.

He's looking good! ;)

7. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Wow, above 50??!!! Right now, that is over my head, but I am sure I will get there!!! whew,!! Thank you for your kind words, only with your support...! I see Bubba's testing ya', just keeping you on your toes, right?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.