? Too high

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by StephF and Gizzy, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephF and Gizzy

StephF and Gizzy Member

I 911'd because my foster is going to her new home tomorrow. I increased ProZinc yesterday am from 2u to 3u. She's been 333 at 0 hour and 314 at +5. I need a plan for her to go home.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She might have bounced up there after a significant dose increase. Will the people at the new home be willing to test and adjust dose as needed? Is this to be her permanent home? Will they be able to get help from you or be willing to join this forum?

3. StephF and Gizzy

StephF and Gizzy Member

Yes, it's a good home. We will be working together with this group. Our goal is to get her on as low dose as possible. I just ordered under 10 carb food. New (permanent) mom will be testing at home.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

If the new family would post here regularly, keep a low carb diet and test before every preshot, there'd be a good chance of regulation and we'd be glad to help.

5. Kris & Teasel

This is a good plan. If her new family is willing to set up a spreadsheet using the instructions on this forum, we'd be able to help. With enough data over time, kitty's responses to ProZinc will show us patterns that can be used to guide dosing. That certainly could get you closer to your goal of as low a dose as possible.

Would you mind going back to your thread's title to change the "911" to a question mark? Readers will think the 911 is for an emergency situation like your kitty having a hypo episode.

6. StephF and Gizzy

StephF and Gizzy Member

I can't anything about a spreadsheet.

7. Kris & Teasel

Maybe her new family would be willing to do that if they're open to using this forum.

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.