Took BG +4 we are at 67

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bellasmom, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

i gave a snack it was eaten, lowered units to 3 last night and again this morning, should I go lower to 2u? Any ideas

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd give a little high-carb now (if the snack wasn't HC), and test in another 30mins. You can add a couple drops of honey or karo syrup to LC food for a little carb boost.

It does look like Bella is asking for even less insulin! Let's see what others say about a specific dose, but my thought, looking at the spreadsheet is that not only is he going low (again) today, but he very likely did last night after you went to bed, as well. That red number this morning was probabyl a "bounce" from a low.

He seems to resolve bounces very quickly (1-2 cycles), so that helps to figure things out!

3. Bellasmom

Thanks, he did eat high carb food, will recheck thanks

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Retested BG 107

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  5. Nan & Amber (GA)

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

I'd test again in 30, just to make sure he's on the way up for real (no snacks this time).

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Whew! He's giving you a run for your money! :eek: I suggest you drop to 2 u tonight and try that for a few days. If it turns out that was too much he can be brought up slowly in 0.25 u increments. He's on a mission!

8. Bellasmom

He’s tired and so am I, his poor paws, I’m kinda giving him a little break today, he’s been so good, I hope he’s on his way to the end of the mission

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  9. Bellasmom

He is a 568 now, omg, what am I doing wrong

10. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

It could be a bounce from the lime green number.

11. Nan & Amber (GA)

It's probably just a bounce from that steeeeep drop this morning. Is he acting normal otherwise?

You didn't do anything wrong-- though I admit, it's hard sometimes not to take it personally when they throw you a bad number like that! He'll come down, don't worry.

12. Bellasmom

Yes he’s acting normal, yeah it’s hard, you try and do what’s best and get crazy numbers

13. Bellasmom

He didn’t eat much of his dinner, so I don’t give insulin? Do I just wait till he eats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.