Took Boots to the vet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jade77, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

I feed my 3 cats (2 civies, 1 diabetic) on a mix of Friskies pate and Fancy Feast Classics.
    I can get the large, 12 oz Friskies for 82cents - I probably go through 1.5 cans per day.

Not as cheap as the cheap dry Purina One they used to get but if it helps Honey and is better in the long run for the other 2 (see catinfo.org for why wet is better) - then that's what we have.

I also do raw food - turkey thighs and a feline pre-mix for the extra nutrients cats need.
    It works out cheaper but is more work - good if you have the time.

2. Jade77

Jade77 Member

wow, they sell large cans?? Where can you get those?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Fancy Feast does not come in large cans .. because its 'Fancy'?

I've gotten the 13 oz cans of Friskies @ Walmart in Columbus, OH (0.78/can) & Pet supplies Plus ($1.03/can, but they price match, so also 0.78/can).

And, you can ask your local vendors if they can get it and if so, for how much.

Or check our shopping parters Amazon, WalMart, and Wag at the links on the top of the page.

4. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

BJ mentioned some low carb foods: Evo Cat and Kitten, Young Again 0 Carb (internet only), Stella and Chewy's freeze dried (meant to be rehydrated) are some options.

Did you go and post on lantus yet? I am thinking its time for another increase to 1.25.. what do you think?

Wendy

5. Jade77

Jade77 Member

I plan on posting his numbers tonight and introducing myself in the lantus group. I've had some personal issues lately that has made it difficult to spnd any time on the computer. And I'm not sure about his dose. I saw some blue numbers one day, and the next pink and yellow again.

6. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Ok cool.

The blues werent that low. You have room to bring him down a bit more. The more time he spends blue and green, the more his pancreas can heal. I would increase - i think you may be getting close to the right dose.

Wendy

7. Jade77

Jade77 Member

I just posted in the tight reg. lantus group. Do you think it's safe to increase on a day that no one will be here for half the day? He gets his shot around 530 am and pm, and Gabe leaves at 545am, Im out by noon. Which leaves him alone for about 4 hours.

8. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Let me answer on the other board :)

9. Jade77

Jade77 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.