? Tooters 5/7 PMPS - 300, +2 = 328 Why so high???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julee, May 7, 2019.

1. Julee

Julee Member

Did a curve today. I am getting frustrated why his numbers are in the 200-300's and some 400! I don't know what to do, if anything, or why his numbers are so high now compared to his 100-200's in early March.

In regards to feeding, he free feeds. I make sure he eats before shot then if I am around, I see him eat a couple of hours later. He is a nibbler and doesn't eat a whole lot at one time. So the test I just did, I know he just ate within the last 15 minutes.

Should I wait this out or does he need a does increase?

Thanks as always for everyone's wisdom!!!

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-367-3-368-6-364-8-293.214208/#post-2372729

2. MindyC

MindyC Member

I'll let someone else with more experience comment on the dose, but I would hazard a guess that maybe an increase is warranted.

As for why numbers can go higher, there are a lot of reasons that can happen. Is there any chance that Tooters has a urinary tract infection, or a dental issue? Infections can cause numbers to rise. Also, how old is your Lantus vial/pen? It could be losing efficacy if it is more than a few months old. I think the max life of a open vial/pen is about 6 months. Are you rotating shot sites? They can develop absorption resistance and scar tissue if you keep shooting the same spot too often. I've noticed that directly on the back of Max's neck sometimes will produce a cycle that looks less awesome than others, but moving to either side, or further down closer to his shoulders can produce better results.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As I answered in your other post today (please do just one a day, or we can miss something), no increase, you are seeing nadirs in the range you want with SLGS. That green last night means you hold the dose,