Tracking for one week

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by SaraBear, Jul 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraBear

SaraBear New Member

Here is my first post from a week ago: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-need-advice.198893/#post-2224042

Still feeding wet food only, FF pate.

After tracking for one week I think I can sort of see a pattern. Rod's nadir seems to be around +4 or +5.

On Friday, the 27th, we saw some really good numbers earlier in the day--but back up to the 500s at PMPS. I guess that was a bounce?

His numbers seem to be improving, but still high. But i am wondering if I should raise the dose now, maybe to 3.5 units?

Rod is continuing to show improved energy, improved coat, and is generally acting more like his sassy self. I also don't think he is drinking or peeing as often, though with 3 other cats it's a little hard to tell.

Also, Is a little bit of lunchmeat on occasion an appropriate treat? Like a piece about 2in square. He absolutely loves turkey.

Thanks!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The curve gave good info. He's definitely responding well but you're right about his dose needing to increase. I'd try 3.5 u tomorrow AM. Once you have a lot more blue on your SS the increases can be reduced to 0.25 u.

Lunchmeat can be fine. Check the package to see if it has added sugar or seasoning like onion, garlic, etc. Plain is best. :)

SaraBear likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Good job tracking! I agree time for a dose increase.

4. SaraBear

SaraBear New Member

Thank you!

5. SaraBear

SaraBear New Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.