? Traveling with a Loudogg to a Farm: Do we need a proactive flea/tick treatment?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hello all!
    We will be taking our buddy Lou on his first (non-vet) trip away from home next weekend. We're going to Caleb's family farm for a get together. I've ordered a bigger crate for the car, a harness and leash, and a storage container. I thought I was basically ready (we'll be gone for the weekend), but then Caleb asked about using something like Frontline for fleas and ticks. I didn't even think of this, but Caleb thought it might be necessary because he likes the idea of taking Lou out for little walks or at least outside for some fresh air.

Do you think we should proactively treat him for fleas/ticks? If so, what brand is most effective and okay to use for a diabetic??

Thanks in advance!!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's a very good idea.....it's a lot easier to prevent fleas than to try to get rid of them after they've attacked.

I use Advantage on China

3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I have used advantage on Baby with no side effects! It works. I would rather keep them off also! It can be so difficult to be rid of them in your home!

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I also use Advantage - mostly on Little Dude. He gets skin mites.

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks so much everyone! I'll get some ASAP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.