? Treat Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

While I was at my mom's, I found some Purebites on sale at the pet store. They told me that they were not going to carry them any more, so that was the reason for the discount. Turns out they were well past the "best buy" date. Since it is freeze dried, is it ok to still give them, or should I just eat the $ loss?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

How were they stored? I found that an opened PureBites liver started to spoil with high humidity.
    And can you take them back since they should have not sold them with the expiration date?

3. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

I'm not sure how they were stored before I got them, but they are unopened, except the one that I opened to try and give her a treat and then realized they were expired. I bought them at my mom's in Missouri, and I am now back in Florida, so taking them back isn't an option. The one bag I opened does not have much smell to them, to me, so I assume they aren't spoiling.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You can't always tell by smelling.
    If they are past the expiration date, the store should not have sold them.

5. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

I will just get rid of them. Lesson learned. Check the expiration date! I just find it unbelievable that they told me it was because they weren't going to carry them anymore. Do they just think that pet parents don't care, and are only looking for a bargain!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.