treats for diabetic cats

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by korkimusprime, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korkimusprime

korkimusprime New Member

i just found out this afternoon that my 9 yo british shorthair (korki) has diabetes,he usually gets treats daily and loves them i know he can't have his regular treats now because of the sugar content. does anyone know if canned tuna fish in water is ok for diabettic cats, in moderation?????

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

hi and welcome. please do tell us more about you and your kitty and the planned treatment as you learn all that :)

yes, some tuna as a treat is ok. it's not nutritionally complete and you have to be a little careful as to how much fish you feed a kitty but as a controlled treat it should be fine.

are you in the States by chance? and have a Petsmart near you? If so, they sell some freeze dried cod and salmon that is diabetic friendly. It's in the cat treats section, usually towards the bottom of the shelves and comes in a white tub like a butter tub. they are big chunks so what i do is just break them into smaller real treat size pieces.

there are several other brands and treats of freeze dried treats you can order online too if petsmart isn't an option

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.