? Treats?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by racn1320, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

GNC hip and joint treats,are these ok to give her one treat a day? Or would these treats increase her numbers too much? attached is back with ingredients

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. There is a glare on the picture making it hard to read the ingredients. I think this is the same treats.
    http://www.gnc.com/cat-hip-and-joint/341143.html

Maybe this will bump you up and someone will be able to answer your question.

3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

don't know amd all cats react differently but, i would think 1 a day shouldn't hurt BG level much considering i have recently been giving my cat 2 pieces of his all time favorite crappy temptation milk treats full of carbs again and it hasn't shot up his bg by much at all (maybe around 2o i think) and it doesn't affect it for long..

this gnc supplement has a caution however that mentions asking vet before giving to animals with diabetes, don't see that on things often so personally i would ask my vet first just in case something in it interferes with insulin.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

It contains corn oil, which many cats are sensitive to. Have you tried giving Cosequin? It's safe for diabetics.

5. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

It has some gums listed higher up which some cats are sensitive to. Lower on the list is maltodextrin. Maltodextrin is a sugar source,but being down on the ingredients list makes it hard to tell how much is actually in the product.

I was a huge fan of cosequin, it made a noticeable difference in Jack's mobility.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The oat flour is also a source of carbs. Personally, I'd vote for the Cosequin.

tiffmaxee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.