? Treats?

Discussion in 'Lantus (Glargine) / Levemir (Detemir)' started by racn1320, Mar 5, 2018.

1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Nov 20, 2014
    GNC hip and joint treats,are these ok to give her one treat a day? Or would these treats increase her numbers too much? attached is back with ingredients

Attached Files:

2. carfurby

carfurby Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm not sure. There is a glare on the picture making it hard to read the ingredients. I think this is the same treats.

Maybe this will bump you up and someone will be able to answer your question.
  3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

Sep 26, 2017
    don't know amd all cats react differently but, i would think 1 a day shouldn't hurt BG level much considering i have recently been giving my cat 2 pieces of his all time favorite crappy temptation milk treats full of carbs again and it hasn't shot up his bg by much at all (maybe around 2o i think) and it doesn't affect it for long..

this gnc supplement has a caution however that mentions asking vet before giving to animals with diabetes, don't see that on things often so personally i would ask my vet first just in case something in it interferes with insulin.
  4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    It contains corn oil, which many cats are sensitive to. Have you tried giving Cosequin? It's safe for diabetics.
  5. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    It has some gums listed higher up which some cats are sensitive to. Lower on the list is maltodextrin. Maltodextrin is a sugar source,but being down on the ingredients list makes it hard to tell how much is actually in the product.

I was a huge fan of cosequin, it made a noticeable difference in Jack's mobility.
    tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    The oat flour is also a source of carbs. Personally, I'd vote for the Cosequin.
    tiffmaxee likes this.