Treats?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tobakett, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobakett

tobakett Member

So I had to make a petsmart run today and I saw 2 new freeze dried treats on their shelf. Since I am getting a little irritated with Purebites (last 2 chicken bags had rancid fatty pieces in them and one of my two got ahold of one and I had puke-pocolypse in my house for an evening, and every bag of other varieties have been half meat sawdust lately) I grabbed them. Looking at the ingradients, one is "Simply Nourish 100% venison liver" and the only ingredient is venison liver and the other is "RedBarn Naturals freeze dried whitefish" which they have little .75 bags clearance off at like $1.50 and the only ingredient is whitefish. They also had a chicken one but that had spinach and apples mixed in and I know apples are mostly carbs so I skipped those.

But now I am second guessing myself since I have no idea if just meat can have carbs in it. I know chicken is sometimes solutions with sugar for humans which can spike carbs. For cats, is 100% freeze dried meat treats okay provided it's only ingredient is the meat?

I made the mistake of letting my sugarcat Gizmo and his civvie sister "taste test" when I got home and they LOVE them but I'm facepalming that I didnt think to research more before I bought :-/

2. Marie&HerCats RUSTY

Marie&HerCats RUSTY Member

3. Chris & Lucy

Chris & Lucy Member

Meat has no carbs. As long as they are 100% that should be a good thing. Lucy doesn't like the freeze dried chicken as bagged, but if I soak them in some water she loves them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.