Treats???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kristine, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristine

Kristine Member

I have a question. I have Christopher on wet food only and he is diet controled as we speak! YEAY. I have read about Young again Zero Carb dry Kibble. Has anyone used this? I was only going to use it as a treat. I have 6 other cats and they love kibble treats but havent had any since Chrissy was diagnosed. What do you all think?? Thanks. BTW... ALL the cats are on wet food only. Chrissy is on fancy feast.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I used to give Mia a little bit of it.. literally just a few kibbles as a treat or food topper.. but the last bag I got caused runny, stinky poop, and I have seen several other people say they had the same experience. So, just be forewarned!

3. Kristine

Kristine Member

HMMM... thanks for the info. Dont want that with 7 cats. LOL

4. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

I use Young Again mixed half and half with Blue Wilderness for my non-diabetic cat. No problems with diarrhea, but I moved him to it gradually. A couple of weeks ago when Zoey (the diabetic kitty) wouldn't eat, I sprinkled some YA dry on top of her canned food, and she loved it. I have since weaned her off the dry, but she didn't have any problems with diarrhea either. If you use it, start slowly with just a little at a time.

5. FurBabiesMama

I used went through some bags without issues, too. Then, I got a bag that caused the runny stinky poop.

6. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Yikes! I hope they haven't changed their formula.

7. FurBabiesMama

8. FurBabiesMama

I have Dr Elsey's Clean Protein which is 5% carbs.. that could be a treat option. Freeze Dried meat might work, and that does not have carbs. I get the PureBites chicken ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.