Trends noticed??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mimis mom, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Can someone with a lot of experience look at Mimi’s SS and see what trends you’re noticing because it’s all looking like Chinese to me (which I cant read...)

Keeping a SS- what is the real point if they aren’t becoming predictable. Is she showing predictable results?

Can someone hit me over the head with a pillow because I am overthinking everything??

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I would say that sums it up. You are overthinking everything.

Frankly, if you opt to stop keeping a spreadsheet, it will be impossible for us to offer you any help. Personally, I will not comment on dosing without spreadsheet data and I strongly suspect that the same is true for any experienced member. I open a spreadsheet almost any time I make a comment.

Mimis mom likes this.
  3. Mimis mom

Is there anything you’ve noticed unique to Mimi on her SS- or anything that might be trending?
    I won’t stop keeping a SS but I wanted to try and see if I can read it now that it’s been collected some- and see if it could help with predictions or learning and understanding her cycle. (Which is what it’s purpose is right?)

4. Mimis mom

Actually one thing I’ve noticed is she’s sensitive to dosecreases. It’s almost like she needs fat or skinny changes rather than .25- but again I think that’s too early to know just yet.

5. Jennifer R.

Jennifer R. Member

She seems to have very unstable blood sugar. She does go very low, sometimes, but then bounces back up fast. How were you treating the low blood sugar?

6. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Several years ago when I had With and Spot on Lantus I noticed a similar pattern with both of them. Usually once a week they would have a lower than normal reading. It would never be on the same day for both cats and never on the same day of the week for each of them. My vet thought I was nuts until I showed her the data. At that time each cat had its own meter and I could download the data from the meter, so it was not a spreadsheet that I used. That became the new normal for them.

Just remember ECID (Every Cat Is Different) and also includes how it responds to the shot even though it may be the same dose as normal. What you are looking for in your readings a consistent pattern of readings that indicates the dose may need to be adjusted. Unless you are using the tight regulation protocol, dose changes are not usually determined by a single reading except for very low numbers that are in either the normal or hypo range.

Mimis mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.