Trouble

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ginalee, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginalee

Ginalee New Member

Im having trouble replying, it keeps giving me an error saying my response is spam like. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong...

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Try right now.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Still nothing. Tired, going to bed now.

4. Ginalee

Ginalee New Member

5. Ginalee

Ginalee New Member

Sorry, trying

6. Bella & Liz

Bella & Liz Member

You dont need to press reply to comment on the thread. You just have to scroll to the bottom where you see the text box and then type whatever you would like to say and press "Post Reply" beneath the text box on the bottom left hand corner. People in the thread will be notified of your response without you replying directly to them.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  7. Noah & me (GA)

When you hit the Reply button what you're doing is quoting another members post. That's what you did with my post in #4. You don't necessarily have to use that on the previous post, you can go back as far as you want. You can also edit a reply so only the text you want is included and then include your own comments. Another way to do that is highlight/drag your mouse (I'm old) across any text, a small reply button will pop up at the end of the highlighted text, hit that button.
    If you just hit the reply you get this,
    If you do it the second way you get this,
    (then I can type in my reply) Try this or that.
    The second way keeps posts shorter and cuts out non relevant stuff. Does that make sense? The Alerts you're getting are to notify you someone replied to the thread you started.

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Gina, you will get used to how to post and navigate here on the board. Here is a link about FDMB basics:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-use-the-fdmb-the-basics.130682/

Did you give Chubbs an insulin shot last night? What dosage? I hope you heeded advice and took it down to 1 Unit. I am so glad you are going to get testing supplies today, it's so important to know what the blood sugar is so you don't put Chubbs in danger because of too much insulin.

Since you are going to be testing you can set up the spreadsheet we use here to record the insulin and the testing data. You will see how the trends and patterns emerge, and members can review his progress before offering suggestions or advice.
    Here are links to set up and to understanding the spreadsheet:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    If you have any problems with set up, let us know. There are members that can help or set it up for you.

It would be helpful if you would tell us what kind of device you are using to log on to FDMB, a computer, a tablet or a phone. That gives us an idea of how you are able to view spreadsheets and other information that we provide links to. Sometimes using a small phone screen inhibits our members from trying to read larger documents, etc. We want to make this as easy as possible for you to learn to take good care of Chubbs and not feel so confused and overwhelmed. :cat:

9. Noah & me (GA)

Your profile can be important too. It doesn't have to be overly personal but listing other animals in the home, how your work or education commitments might interfere with your shot/test schedule and Chubb's previous medical history can be helpful. Your time zone is something most people leave off, when you say 8PM it means nothing to someone four time zones away.
    Some members have trouble with smaller screens and eyesight. In Windows you can hit Ctrl and + to make the screen larger, then reverse that with Ctrl - to go back to whatever your normal is.
    Chubbs is a great name, my sister had a big dog with that name. Big ears, smart and loved babies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.