? Troubles with shipping Lantus from Canada to US?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Armish & Roo, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Hey guys, I am getting low (ish) on my first pen of Lantus because I wasted a lot at the beginning trying to figure out how to draw properly. I asked my vet to send over Roo’s prescription so I could order from Marks and they did but warned me that it’s technically illegal, which I guess I didn’t think about.

Has anyone had problems recently with getting insulin from Marks or any other Canadian pharmacy to the US? I feel like it’s a bigger issue lately cuz it’s been all over the news and I don’t want to take too big of a chance.

2. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

if it gets crazy, check the supply closet, or Craigslist where hooman users often sell off their extra pens to offset the price of the ones they need (yes I now they aren't supposed to do that, but at least around here, quite a few do)

3. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I just placed an order at Marks. It was a great experience. Hard to believe it’s illegal. I’ll have to google that. I should get the insulin by the middle of next week. I’ll let you know how it went.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  4. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Just called them today and sent over his prescription! They said they would call back to go over payment tomorrow and after that insulin should be here within a week to a week and a half!

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  5. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I think it's because insulin is available in the US so getting it from another country is something against the FDA rules?

6. Margie and Jackson

I think you can’t import it to sell....

7. Margie and Jackson

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Once it goes out, you'll get a tracking number so you can watch it move through the postal system. If I see that mine is going to arrive after the usual mail delivery hours, I'll call my post office and ask them to put it in their refrigerator and I go pick it up the next morning. (not all post offices have fridges, but it's worth a phone call!)

It usually doesn't take that long either. 4-5 business days is about normal, although I've re-ordered late on a Monday and it arrived on Friday (I was shocked!)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  9. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

10. Margie and Jackson

The insulin arrived! I got notifications about it from the Canadian post, but I did not get an email from USPS about it. It arrived on Thursday morning. I ordered Thursday or Friday the week before and the insulin was shipped on Tuesday. It stayed plenty cool. I ordered the max insulation and cold packs. For reference I live in Oregon, not too far from Marks Marine Pharmacy.

To collect the insulin I needed to sign for it. I missed the delivery and it hadn’t gotten to the post office by the early afternoon, they told the postman to come back by my house and he did a few minutes later.

11. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Mine is coming next week hopefully! I got the notification that it shipped Tuesday or yesterday, and it should hopefully be here by Monday. I got the extra insulation because I'm way down south in Texas and this summer is unreal. Wish I would have ordered earlier!

Hopefully since I'm getting it delivered to my work address there will be someone around to sign for it.

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

FYI you can release signature so it's not needed. Just be sure your not in an area where people steal packages.

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  13. Chris & China (GA)

Just FYI for next time…..the tracking number you get will work on USPS too

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  14. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

It was an ordeal to get it, but finally arrived today! I was so worried about it getting too warm because they tried to deliver Saturday even when I told them not to and then just left it in the mail room today without a signature. No red on that little WarmMark indicator thingy though, so we should be good to go!

15. Margie and Jackson

So here’s a question. Do you store the 5 pack of pens in any special way? Do you have a way to protect it in case you overload the fridge and there are some freezing spots?

16. Chris & China (GA)

I just left the extra's in the box and kept it in the middle part of the shelf (you don't want it to get pushed all the way to the back since that's where it's possible it might freeze)

17. Margie and Jackson

I’m not sure mine would be safe from jostling. I was considering putting it in an insulated lunch bag. Then it might be safe even if it gets pushed to the back.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  18. LisaZT

LisaZT New Member

Armish- You're in Texas, why not just go to Mexico?

19. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Don't really have the time, plus the situation is a bit iffy down there currently, so don't want to take any chances.

20. LisaZT

LisaZT New Member

There may be some older folks that are making prescription runs. Used to live in Houston. My parents and their friends would make the run, but they haven't in the last 5 years. Too old, but they may have a friend or two that still does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.