Truffles off color BG suddenly up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anne Biddle, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

So Truffles has been off juice for 77 days He's been under the weather since yesterday when his BG was normal. He has been asleep under my bed all day and has been coaxed out from under the bed for food. He has eaten a little Just checked his BG this afternoon and its 300. I know this happened last time he was a bit physically sick and felt unwell. I've given insulin but it's been open a while and not sure of its potency. Please keep your fingers crossed that this is just a reaction to feeling sick and will drop down again. If anyone has experience of this please let me know.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sending healing energy your way ... :bighug:

Anne Biddle likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Anne, I'm sorry to hear. I do hope this is a very temporary change. How much insulin did you give and when, the ss has a 303 at +6 on the 12th. Is that the reading you are talking about?

4. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Yes I gave .5 and it was at 1500 EST. I will check tonight and again tomorrow morning. If it’s still high tomorrow I’ll give more insulin.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

6. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

So I took Truffles to the vet Wednesday as he was definitely off color and eating v little. He has a low grade fever and probably a virus which she said may take 7 to 10 days to go. He hasn’t really eaten anything since yesterday but he is drinking as I’ve seen him use the litter box. He has just been sleeping either under my bed or on it. I did force feed him a little chicken yesterday. He wouldn’t eat this morning My poor baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.