Truffles update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anne Biddle, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

So Mr Truffles seems to be doing well. BG coming down slowly. I still struggle sometimes with getting blood out of his ear but he puts up with me prodding about most of the time in good spirits and the injection we both have down fine. I inject whilst he eats and he doesn't even notice! Spoke to my vet about increasing his dose but they want me to keep it the same till I see them on Thursday. We can then compare my results with theirs, which seems fair. They don't like to increase dosage in the first 2 weeks. I bought some of the Zero Mature dry and give that as a snack around 3pm after BG testing as they are all used to free feeding. Have to say this was hugely popular with all three especially Minxy! The no food overnight thing is taking them a bit to get used to lol They are all lined up ready in the am!

JeffJ, Sylvie and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It’s great to see a new member getting in the groove! You’ll be so happy when you see his BG become better controlled.
    :)

JeffJ and Anne Biddle like this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Kudos on the spreadsheet and the new treatment plan. It can be challenging but it sounds like you are doing a great job. If possible you may want to do BG tests for the pre-PM dose as well. It helps to know if Mr Truffles is going low or coming back to pre-dose values then.

You are lucky your cats only line up in the AM. If our kittehs don't get food by 6am, then the little meowing starts. Soon it spreads to all 3 cats (Leo, Little Dude, Chinus). Then when the food is getting prepped you would think a frat house is about to start a big party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.