Trying to donate a barely-used bottle of ProZinc (in Southern California). ***recipient found

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarjack, Nov 13, 2018.

1. sugarjack

sugarjack New Member

***Update: insulin found a home with a kitteh - thanks to all!

Hello everyone,

I posted this in the main forum but I thought I'd also try here in the ProZinc forum:

My sugar cat, Jack, passed away in September due to congestive heart failure. He had been in diabetic remission for almost four years, but towards the end of his life, his glucose levels rose and we put him back on insulin. We were only two weeks into his ProZinc regimen when his heart condition worsened and we had to let him go. :-( :-( :-(

We tried to find an organization that would take the bottle, but because it had been used for two weeks, our regular and emergency vets couldn't take it, and I haven't found any local rescues who could use it. Our cat-sitter put out word in her network, but we haven't had any response. I hate to dispose of a barely-used, perfectly good bottle of ProZinc when I know how expensive it is and how crucial it is to our sugar cats.

Is there anyone in the Southern California area who could use this? I thought I would offer it to the community and see if anyone is interested. Thanks so much!

(I would offer it to a wider geographical range, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to package and ship it in the appropriate way as far as temperature is concerned. o_O)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry you lost Jack who was obviously very well cared for and dearly loved. There is a board called the Supply Closet HERE. This is where folks looking for supplies usually check so you might want to repost over there.
    I hope you are well out of the path of the wildfires. Stay safe.:) Your generosity is appreciated!

sugarjack likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had to let your kitty go. It's very kind of you to offer the insulin to another caregiver.

sugarjack and Caitlin M like this.
  4. sugarjack

sugarjack New Member

Thank you so much for the board link; I had missed that one!

Thank you for your condolences and concerns. We are out of the range of the wildfires but there is so much loss here...so sad! :-( Our Jack was indeed well loved and will live on in our memories and our hearts. This forum was invaluable when he first got his diagnosis so we are happy to give something back (found a taker through a message). Thank you both!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So glad you found a taker for the insulin! I'm very sorry to hear you lost your sweet Jack, but so grateful you were willing to donate his insulin to another kitty. What a great way to honor Jack's memory!