Tucker 16 Nov AMPS 4.7 (85)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Tucker, Nov 10, 2018.

  1. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/stalling-tucker-10-nov-amps-5-2-94.206243/

    Could someone please look at Tucker's spreadsheet and give me some advice? He had a dose reduction 3 days ago and did a little bit of a bounce here and there but today is a very low pre shot. I've not fed him but am worried with this low of a number. I've also not gone to bed, and am fuzzy brained at 6am...so need some hand holding as I make the call on what is the best choice of action.

    @Bron and Sheba @JeffJ @Bobbie And Bubba
     
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

    Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2015
    Hold on, let me look at the SS. BRB
     
  3. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    He's had 7 of the reduced dose of 4 units. With this low of a number should I be reducing to 3.75??
     
  4. Bron and Sheba

    Bron and Sheba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2015
    Patty is not very well at the moment Bobbie. She has tested twice and got 52. I’m concerned she won’t be able to test all day if she shoots a full dose and Tucker stays low
     
    Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

    Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2015
    Technically, with TR you can shoot anything over 50 once you have plenty of data. And technically, he hasn't earned another reduction until he goes under 50. It looks like he has broke the bounce for sure.

    You have shot a 61 with 4 units. You could stall 20 more minutes without food and see if he comes up for you a bit more. This 52 pre shot could be his nadir for the cycle and he might start to come up again. If he doesn't start coming up after stalling, you could feed and wait 2 hours after the food to test and feed but then your schedule will be off by 2 hours.

    I won't be able to stay with you if you shoot, as I am getting ready for a dinner party at my house in a few hours.

    I am just seeing Bron's post above and skipping might be a good idea today and give Patty and Tucker a break and drain the depot a bit.
     
    JeffJ and Bron and Sheba like this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

    Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2015
    Even with a reduced dose and shooting, monitor will be required as the higher depot could still be talking. If monitoring will be hard today, I would skip.
     
    Bron and Sheba likes this.
  7. Bron and Sheba

    Bron and Sheba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2015
    I agree with skipping Bobbie.
    He will get back on track Patty. You need to rest.
     
    Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    +30 minutes and exactly 2.9
     
  9. Bron and Sheba

    Bron and Sheba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2015
    Yes I would skip.
     
  10. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    Claire will be home today to test and help out.
     
  11. Bron and Sheba

    Bron and Sheba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2015
    The final decision is yours. I won’t be available all the time today as I have to go out to things twice so I am very reluctant to say shoot.
    Is Claire available all day?. Can she test frequently? Are you clear enough in the head to make decisions about Tucker’s BSL if necessary? Do you have plenty of test strips, h c food etc ?
    If you feel you want to shoot I think I would give a reduced dose because 1. You are not well 2. I know how Tucker likes to stay very low.
     
  12. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    I just got off the phone with our vet and she has asked me to not skip, but do a half dose. She also suggests that I reduce him to 3.75 for this week, as she thinks his body is starting to work with the insulin.
     
    JeffJ likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

    Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2015
    I would skip, sometimes when you delay, they continue to drop.
    As I said above, even with a reduced dose , it could still be an active cycle, so I am glad that Claire is able to test today.
     
  14. JeffJ

    JeffJ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2016
    I am glad others were able to help you with excellent advice. I have kinda pulled back from the forum from 2 months ago. I was too busy in the forum and need to focus on work.

    Glad to see that Tucker is responding to these reduced insulin doses. He was going up in doses for awhile, and it's good he is around the 4.0 area. I see he is also still pretty bouncy. That happens, and there is not much to do about it. I hope you are feeling better Patty.
     
    Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    Thanks for checking in Jeff. I've missed our little chats. I've been offline for most of the week but have just posted all of Tucker's numbers for the week. He did some bouncing but I've been keeping a close eye on him and am (maybe) getting used to predicting where is levels may head. I'm actually not doing very well and am waiting for the results of more biopsies. I had internal bleeding while on our big trip and they've yet to figure out the from where and why. I'm managing to take care of Tucker while spending most of my time in bed. I'll know more on Friday when I meet with the surgeon and her team. Having people just a keyboard away when doubts set in is unbelievably important and I appreciate so much all of the people who have helped us on our way with Tucker. Many thanks!
     
    JeffJ and Joanne&TinySole like this.
  16. JeffJ

    JeffJ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Hi Patty - I am sorry to hear about your health, and I hope they find something real minor. That's too bad it also affected your vacation. You know the good news is that modern medicine is just amazing. I know many people who had serious issues, and they were all cured or put into remission. In the "olden" days with my grandparents, people just got sick then there was no cure.

    Tucker is a lucky kitteh with a lot of helpers here, and your daughter as well. For his recent numbers, I probably would have given a 1/2 dose at Nov 14 PMPS. But you know me, mr. conservative. If he keeps up these bounces, then maybe another dose reduction to keep him safe. Leo used to be bouncier like Tucker, but now it's easier.
     
  17. Tucker

    Tucker Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    Thanks Jeff. It's going to be a bit hard to tell where he is at for the next couple of days I'm afraid. I sent Kurt into another room to give Tucker his PM needle and his tea, whilst I did the 2 babies. I came back into the room and Tucker was eating celery with peanut butter on it!! Kurt said he had scooped up maybe 3 tablespoons of Skippy when he realised he had left the hose running on the lawn....and Tucker is no fool. I've just done a +5 on him at midnight and he was only at a 12. We'll see what happens with the morning test though! sigh.....men...haha
     
  18. JeffJ

    JeffJ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Peanut butter! Now that's a new one to me. Our sugar cats are stealthier than normal cats. i think it comes with the diabetic genetic blend.

    Here, we are weaning LD off of crunch. It is good healthy crunch, but it caused him to have crystals. He doesn't know that we are trying to make him healthier, but both he and Leo have been eyeing the crunch container with laser eyes.
     
    Tucker likes this.

Share This Page