Tucker, Sunday, a little better

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tuckers mom, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Once again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and support these past few days.

Today is better, Tucker has not needed any valium, he's able to settle in and get rest.

He got onto the bed using a stool a couple of times, he follows me from room to room and he is eating food. He's still not Tucker, his mind is not there, but clinically he is feeling a litte better. I wont say he is on the mend at all, but he's better.

He's following me, but I can't tell if it registers in his mind why he follows or even who he's following. He did hear DH making noises, he turned his head in the direction, so the fact that he's coherent is nice. He also did not walk over Mr. Darcy today. Yesterday Tucker walked around like a blind cat, getting stuck in furniture, walking through litter boxes and over the cats, staying against the walls, today he's not getting stuck and can walk in the center of the room.

The vet called this morning and we have decided to give him cypro tonight (he got all his meds already this morning), then switch to cypro every other day for appetite. Continuing with steroids, potassium, sub q fluilds and insulin, he also gets one more injection to prevent vomitting tonight, the selenium or celenium, not sure on spelling. He will get his blood checked on Tuesday to see how his potassium is.

Did speak to the vet about ketones, she said there were none.

I did not give insulin last night, BG was 78, this morning 248 so I gave his normal dose of .5ULev since he's eating pretty well.

Thank you all again, I can't put into words how much your support and love for Tucker has helped.

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

cerenia? it's a 24-hr med to stop vomiting.

the vision problem makes me wonder about blood pressure - has his been checked?

i'm glad he seems to be doing better today. am keeping tucker, you and ron in my thoughts. give tucker a hug from me, please?

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Jennifer, this is good news. I will keep him in my prayers for continued healing - and send good thoughts your way.

Tucker and you were the first thing I thought of when I got up this morning to administer to my crew.

4. tuckers mom

His blood pressure was fine Friday and Saturday. I had a hypertension cat who did lose her vision, Lucy who was my father in law's cat, so I did check that. Tucker's been acting the way Lucy did, the agitation, not being able to sit still and the walking by the walls, but his BP is normal.

The injection must be cerenia, the doctor said it stops vomitting for 24 hours. He vomitted in the car Friday night, just the one time.

After I posted the update this morning, Tucker followed DH downstairs to get his treat. Routine here is DH does morning litter duty and Tucker used to supervise and last stop is basement litter. At that time Tucker gets a chicken treat. Tucker did go downstairs and get his treat.

I think the fact that he is doing routine things is good, it's not really a thinking process, it doesn't seem like Tucker knows all that much but I'm pleased that he remembers routine and was able to use the stairs.

He looks tired now, he's in his bed, but sitting up, I think I will lay him down and see if he can get some sleep.

5. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

I was late reading the original post on Tucker, but am happy to see that the latest update is a bit more positive.

Willow and I are sending lots of feel better vibes to Tucker.

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Jennifer, has Tucker been seen by a cardiologist within the last 3-6 months?

7. tuckers mom

Tucker has not seen the cardiologist in about a year.

When adopted my vet felt that Tucker is part Maine Coone and therefore could be predisposed to HCM. He has had three ultrasounds of his heart to check for that over the years, he doesn't have a heart condition that I know of.

I'm not sure what happened Thursday night into Friday morning, but it does seem like it could have been a stroke or seizure, however Tucker's circling has been going on since November, when the weight loss started, so that could mean brain tumor, maybe.

The next few days will be telling. If he rallies I will need to figure out what happened to cause this and if his potassium needs to continue to be supplemented. There's a lot of work ahead of us if he does get through this current situation.

8. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Jennifer, if possible, I would get an EKG and another echo done on his heart.

9. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

gonna try an dpost again. 3 posts an a PM went poof
    continued prayers for you guys. you are the last thing I think of at night and the first in the AM
    other than all the tests and meds have you thought about AC to see what Tucker has to say. may help to narrow things down a bit especially if he is having headaches and such. just a thought
    continue to hold you all close and prayers remain constant

10. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good thoughts.........

11. Leslie & Maverick & Chaos-(GAs)

Leslie & Maverick & Chaos-(GAs) Member

You are in my thoughts, Tucker. Please know how much your momma bean cares about you and work on getting better!

12. ceil99

ceil99 Member

Sending good thoughts and prayers that Tucker will continue to get better. :thumbup

13. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

I was going to ask if you think maybe it was a stroke or something like that. Would explain the confusion & such.. but not sure about the potassium. & you know how some people start healing & getting better after a stroke? You explaining how Tucker is getting better made me think of when people have strokes, then slowly recover from them. Can't strokes affect their sight & hearing too? At least temporarily?

Anyway.. I'm glad he seems better. Hopefully it'll continue, and he'll be back to his old self very soon! (((Jennifer & DH)))

(I'm also very happy to hear he's doing old routines too. I think cats are such animals of habit & need routine.. I'm glad he's remembering some of his!)

14. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

I'm glad Tucker has made some improvement. Boomer and I will be sending him Reiki as usual tonight. Hang in there.

15. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I offer my prayers and hope for Tucker's continued recovery.

~M

16. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

(((((Jenn and Tucker))))))

All I can say is this: remember my Gabi... remember how she fought her way back (twice) and I got to love her longer... Tucker is fighting... let your heart be your guide...

Give our boy a kiss on his precious nose for me... Fletcher is rooting for his buddy, too

((((love and hugs))))

17. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Sending lots of get well thoughts.

18. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Jenn)) I am glad to see he has some improvement though I know this is still hard on your heart. He is such a loving boy. Wish there was more I could do than send my sincere best wishes and prayers. I reallly hope he does better soon!

19. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Jen-

Boomer and I sent Reiki tonight for Tucker. I told Tucker to let you know if he needs to leave or stay. Go with your gut - you'll do the right thing either way.

20. Sabrina's Mom

Sabrina's Mom New Member

Lots of prayers and hugs that Tucker gets better.

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

I am still thinking of you and Tucker and sending prayers, healing thoughts and hugs your way....
    ((((Jennifer)))) ((((Tucker))))

22. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

continuing to send healing wishes for Tucker.

23. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

I just wanted you to know that I have been following this closely, and am keeping you and Tucker in my thoughts. So very pleased to see today's news ...

24. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

I am so glad Tucker is feeling better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.