GA Tuesday 29th May : Tyler &M. Final condo for this forum.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Saturday 26th May . The day Ty said no more

I was not really sure where to write this but as Ty was a Lanctus laddy I felt it right to finish his journey in here.

On Tuesday 29th May 1997 my Mum died. It was all quite sudden & unexpected. A mis-diagnosed brain tumour. She was younger than I am now. She lays at peace in a wood.

On Tuesday 29th May 2018 my Ty was cremated. I didn't choose this day . I will pick up his ashes next week & they will stay with me until the day we will both be flung to the winds.

What is poignant though is the day and month. I struggled to come to terms for quite a while after my Mum died. Me & him were booked for a 6 month travel period . Been in the planning for a long while and so it had to be done. I took that grief with me around all the world & back again.

I'm not given to flights of fancy & the like but do feel that intuition is an oft ignored sense that we all have. Gut feeling.

I always felt that Mum sent Ty to me. She didn't of course. Her bones were lying under a young tree in a wood. Her being, simply a part of my memories & who I am. In any case she didn't even like cats or dogs but my mind found comfort in the notion. So it was odd & also fitting in a way to suddenly realise that Ty would be cremated on the same day & month she died.

On Tuesday 29th May I pottled about hither and thither not really sure where or how I should be.
    Sit and look out to sea? Nopes.
    Climb the hill to the Centre of New Zealand as a marker? Nope.
    Pound the sand a mile one way and a mile another as an emotional release ? Nope.
    Wallow through a million photos? Definitely nope.

In the end I settled on buying some Tyler coloured violas & primroses to plant in small pots and containers. I settled on just being where we lived together . Home.

I may put together a pictorial tribute of an exceptional cat with a exceptional life. Or I may not.
    I'll see you all around the place even though it will be odd without my trusty prince by my side.

Thank you all for holding my hand.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

You are loved.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

4. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I was so afraid of this, reading your last condo. We've, most of us, been right where you are now, and not much can be of comfort. Hugs for your grief to take its course and release you soon.
    Tyler was a terrific cat, and perhaps, in some way, he still is. I hope you two meet again.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Love you and Ty, was gutted when I read your post the other day. Just gutted and no words. Interesting how those dates work out, believing in fanciful things or not, Ty came in to your life exactly when you needed him and you were there exactly when he needed you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I hope it’s some comfort to have this place where Ty was a popular guy and his memory lives on in the crazy extended cat family you’ve made here. I know it can go either way and hard to be here too. Just know you are always welcome and wanted here. Love, love, love to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry. I lost Max and my mom within a month of each other. Be kind to yourself. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

I am new to this group but this has still shaken me. I am truly sorry for your loss and sending lots of love your way. May time heal you :bighug:

10. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Elise @tiffmaxee is so right. Do take care of you. I remember feeling completely exhausted. Planting something in the garden seems a perfect tribute.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

One name for violas is heart's ease--may Tyler's flowers bring you that. :bighug:

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Tonight, the Full Flower Moon, Ty will be celebrating with all of our GAs at the Bridge at the same time his pals in L&LL are having their full moon party. At this magical time of the month, they will be able to communicate through the veil. The Circle of Remembrance will be extra poignant tonight as our kitties will know that Ty is safe and "in good paws" at the Bridge.
    Many hugs to you, M. You are family here and we hope you will visit L&LL from time to time.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your grieving heart. The love never dies. 19 plus years was wonderful to have.

16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

17. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, fly free Ty
    :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

18. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

19. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:I am so sorry... I was so very choked up reading your last condo I could not even give condolences. I regret that now. There are things we will never understand in our lives and some of those things seem to defy reasoning and logic. Take solace in those things, because it is the things we cannot explain that bring our hearts unto our front doors. I wish I could heal your hurts from afar, but this I cannot. I can send all my love and light to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Dear M. This is so hard for me - I feel like I've lost one of my own. Tyler was so loved, and will always be remembered here. You are also very much loved, and I hope you will find yourself able to stop back in and visit us whenever the spirit moves you. I do hope you put together the pictorial tribute to the exceptional Ty and his exceptional life. I think he had an exceptional bean, as well.

Sending you love, peace and strength, my friend. Wish I could do more. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

never leave 2.png

21. PussCatPrince - GA

22. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

No matter how long they live, it is never long enough. Ty will always be with you, just as your mum is.

I hope you will visit from time to time. You are part of our family and we like keeping family around. :bighug:

Noah & me (GA) and HWright like this.
  23. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    He will always be with you, heart, soul and mind

24. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

25. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

When a cat leaves us, I find they take with them the slice of life they shared with us. Cats are the silent (or not-so-silent) witnesses to our lives, with us, watching us, by our side whatever we go through. Our personal history shrinks and sometimes even collapses when they die.

I wish you well, growing flowers and healing tears.

26. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

My heart aches for you....Luci and I sending pawfuls of prayers and hugs across the sea to you our friend...and to Ty across the Rainbow bridge - may he fly free and land softly ... :bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o

27. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Holding you in my thoughts ... :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This odd place on the web has become more than a community. It is family. It is composed of people, caregivers, who understand that our companions are not, "just cats" as the unenlightened would like to believe. When our beloved companions tell us it is their time, we carry their memories protected in our hearts. We become better because we know the trust that was earned carried with it the responsibility for another life -- a life we could not take for granted.

Many of us who have made the journey here do not leave. In whatever way we can, we pay forward the lessons learned. Members of this family may come and go. Those who step away are always welcomed back with open arms.

29. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

30. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️ Take good care of yourself and sweet Phil in these coming days . Prayers that the healing comes deeply and grief does not linger . Your Prince is an exceptional boy and the two of you are exceptional kitty parents . Holding you both close in heart and prayers .... Ty and you will never be forgotten ❤️❤️❤️❤️

31. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

So sweet...and so true...we all, unfortunately, face this inevitability - hopefully not too often. I remember all of my babies who've gone ahead...fondly...and the love we shared...:bighug:

32. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

It is never easy saying goodbye to such a loyal companion. His friends from the board will be there to greet him and he will forever watch over you. FD really brought me so much closer to my boy and in some ways I cherish the memories of strength throughout his treatment.

Please pop in if you need to vent or just share feelings with others here who have sadly had to face the same situation.
    If you need some time away(I did), we will all be here when and if you need a little support.

Fly free Tyler and watch over your caring bean.:bighug::bighug:

33. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes on a bad day I would log on and see I had a bunch of alerts along with a whole bunch of likes. More than once they came from you.
    Thank you for holding my hand as well.
    Most of us have been through this over and over again and a silly question might be "Why do we do it".
    My answer is How can we not do it
    Take care of each other and maybe one day another paw will reach out to you, the paw of a sugar cat perhaps. On that day you'll know we'll all still be here.
    :bighug: :) :bighug:

Beth 73, HWright, Sonia & Leo and 3 others like this.
  34. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

35. Bellasmom

Thinking of you guys today:bighug::bighug::bighug:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  36. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Theresa and I want to see some pictures of Tyler. She followed his story too - a Prince of a kitteh.

We all choose this path. I think it is easier to be home too. The hardest part for us is picking up the ashes - when you realize it's not a dream anymore and they aren't coming back home. I'm sorry your sweet kitteh left. I wasn't there in NZ with you, but I miss him too.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Same here, I couldn't help but share this with Cynthia.
    Maybe it will help you to share with us. Whenever it feels right.:bighug:

38. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

And more hugs! I made a cairn in a grove of trees on my property for my beloved Sug. Each month on the anniversary of her passing I place a rock. The next month another rock and continued to the one year mark to which I place a large round rock at the top. It is her monument and gives me a sense of peace when I look at it.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright, Bellasmom, Beth 73 and 4 others like this.
  39. PussCatPrince - GA

The first week is done. The next week comes & ever onward , forward .

I will share some pics soon. At the moment I have 20 years of tears to shed. Not just tears of loss you understand but also smile tears of our wonderful shared life together.

Ty's ashes are not yet ready for us to pick up so we are not complete. I am hoping for Tuesday.

JeffJ, Kris & Teasel, HWright and 8 others like this.
  40. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

41. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry it was Ty's time to go to the rainbow bridge.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

42. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

43. Bellasmom

44. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

45. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

“We who choose to surround ourselves
    with lives even more temporary than our
    own, live within a fragile circle;
    easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps,
    we would still live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only
    certain immortality, never fully
    understanding the necessary plan.”

― Irving Townsend

:bighug:

46. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

{{{M}}}
    In these days since your Ty went ahead, my heart and soul have been with you but feelings to words a mess. So, please forgive my bumblings and delay in writing.

Civie Azalea was just over 20 when she went ahead barely two months ago, also with the whisp of a peaceful breath and in early dawn.

As my old friend, the vet I worked for many years ago and from his orphanage Azalea and many of our clowder came..
    “...There is such a beauty in old cats, and usually older dogs. There is [also] that feeling that when they have made this passage with peace, it is both a peace that they have entrusted us with and showed us the way....and, in doing so, that we might envy to be in our own mortality....”

Sending all the love, light and gentleness of inner paths to bouy you in these times. Ty was a prince indeed, and you his wonderful, loving, lyrical mum.

❤️Much love and hugs,❤️
    Sina and the tribe

8F1AB6D0-591E-4D45-9965-F5DE5B3D975F.jpeg

47. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

{{M}}
    Wishing you more joyful memories and less tears with each passing day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.