Tugger 3/25 AMPS 210 +2 145 +4 103 +6 103 +8 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure what else to put in the subject line since it's still a while till shot time.

Yesterday's condo:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10068&p=100172#p100172

Quick summary of yesterday: 3/24
    AMPS 150 fed 4.25u given
    +5 87
    +7 68
    +11.5 53
    +12 56
    +12.5 57
    +13 50 (shot given 30 mins later was a reduced dose of 1u, bg still at 50)
    PMPS + 1 50 (just grabbed because I was on the phone and wanted a cigarette but couldn't go smoke)
    +2.5 49
    +3 55
    +6 73
    wake up this morning
    +9.5 99 - breakfast fed, he ate like a piggie
    +11 185

Today: 3/25
    AMPS 210 new 2u dose given.
    +2 145
    +4 103
    +6 103
    +8 116 was going to skip but the food dishes were empty and they wanted food so I grabbed it.
    +10 148
    PMPS 180
    +2 145
    +9 98 bfast fed after test

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: Tugger 3/25

I'm looking at his spreadsheet now.
    Working on what to suggest for his new dose.

3. D and Noisy

I'm still sleepy but after looking over ss ....

12/8 started out on 1u
    eating dry food
    1/17 first number under 500 at 2.5u
    Insulin is over 30 days old, could be starting to poop out
    still getting dry food
    3 months later he's at 4.5u with the old insulin but a new LC wet food diet
    diet starts having a positive effect but insulin is likely pooped out which is why dose is so high
    diet continues to have a positive effect
    pancreas is getting some healing with number running mostly under the renal threshold
    3/15 new bottle of insulin
    4.5u with new juice after shed filling/settling time is over, major change in numbers
    3/20 needed to skip shot
    3/23 needed to skip shot
    3/24 shot 1u and surfed in DD (double digits)

My thoughts are leaning towards starting over and trying 2u and see how he does. If it doesn't hold an adjustment can be made quickly. There is also a chance he might need less than 2u.

p.s. he seems to have a very calm liver

4. Marvie and Tugger

I like your thinking. I was thinking the same thing this morning, but wasn't sure if it was a good line of thought or not. It seems to me that if we go low we could come back up if he needed it, but I doubt he will. I just wasn't sure how bad it might be to essentially cut his dose in half or more so quickly. I'm comfortable with this course of action though. We've got about an hour till shot time, slightly under an hour. Let me grab a number right quick, not sure if it'll be useful since he ate just an hour ago but still... he doesn't like to be normal so let me run do that..

Wow 185 @ +11 from 99 @ +9.5

5. D and Noisy

Not a surprise to see that rise. This +11 is a great test to get. Let's see where he is at PS time.

6. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Marvie that sounds like a plan for hubby, I like the idea of putting numbers on can! I just panic when I am not here! Last night I was going oh crap just give him some maple syrup, lol! Of course Scrabble loved it, hahah! Looks like Tugger is well on his way too, hope the reduced dose will help!!

7. Marvie and Tugger

No problem! I just know myself well enough to know that when I'm stressing I just can't think. I'd forget where the list is kept, I'd forget the steps to take, etc. so I kinda dummy-proofed myself ;) Hopefully it will help you feel less stressed when you can't be there =) I have one of those small sharpies that they came out with a while back, that you can clip to a keychain or something. I just put it in the medicine basket so it's always right there when I need it. I'm going to find the making tape too, for the cans I can't write on easily.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like great numbers for Tugger are earning him a big doscrease! Good luck with the new start at lower dose.
    Ella & Stu

9. Marvie and Tugger

Re: Tugger 3/25 AMPS 210

Gave Tugger his new smaller dose, so let's see what kind of ride he takes us for today :smile:

10. D and Noisy

Very nice.
    Looks to me like the +11 BG 185 was predominantly food, otherwise, I think he would have zoomed up higher if he was also in a shed empty situation.
    OK, so... we have 14 paws crossed over here for a verra nice Tugger day.

11. Marvie and Tugger

That's what I figured. He ate a really good bfast. They like tuna ;) I think this was one of the very few times they have cleaned the plates in under two hours. They all tend to be grazers. So I put out two cans of FF mixed grill for snacks after his shot. They tend to get very upset if there is no food so other than the two hour fast, I try to keep some out all day for them.

I'm going to go clean till his +2. I might be able to accomplish something if I can focus on it for two whole hours lol.

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Marvie --

From your note in Gabby's condo, I want to pass one hard and fast rule along. NEVER re-shoot if you give a fur shot. There's always the possibility that some insulin got where it was supposed to go and if you re-shoot, you could end up giving an over dose. Trust me. You don't want to deal with an over dose. I've seen one pretty major OD on the Board and it is about 14 hours of constant testing and a lot of HC (and the kitty was never symptomatic and all turned out very well). Better to let the numbers run high than deal with the alternative.

13. Marvie and Tugger

That's what I figured those times it happened, he'd been running high numbers anyway during that time frame so my thinking was that it wouldn't hurt to just let it ride and watch him. The first time I considered it, but since I had no idea how much might have gotten in, it didn't feel safe. The shot site was pretty wet both times so I doubt much if any went in, I think both times I probably went through the tented skin and the smell was very strong. After that I got more careful about the tenting and since then I haven't had an issue. I just know it'll happen sooner or later though, the dog will flap his ears just as I try to poke or something, it's Murphey's Law lol. I'm very glad that I trusted my gut and didn't try to re-shoot and now I know never to do it. See I do learn something every day :D

14. Marvie and Tugger

Re: Tugger 3/25 AMPS 210 +2 145

I'm happy with this number =) This is a good sign right? Tugger is loving the new freeze dried chicken *whisper* dog treats I bought him. His motor can be heard in the next room when I grab that bag =)

15. D and Noisy

Re: Tugger 3/25 AMPS 210 +2 145

Just popped in to see what the +2 is -- yes, it is very good news.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Re: Tugger 3/25 AMPS 210 +2 145 +4 103 +6 103

Looking good Tugger =) I have to run the kid to exchange his Crackbox360. Back in a bit.

17. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Tugger is looking great! Very nice cycle - best of luck with the new dose.

18. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Oooh Tugger is doing great.. will be great to see how he does when he's not up and down and all over the place I bet!

19. D and Noisy

What a nice cycle. I think he might be special.

20. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome Tugger you are doing great!! Hope this new dose works good for him!!! Almost hit green today look at him!!! :D

21. Marvie and Tugger

How do you mean? *He* already thinks he's special of course ;-) King of the House back there on his throne. I still haven't figured out if he and Bella were in on the treat theft that occurred while I was out, but they were on the bed acting completely innocent when I found the freeze dried chicken treats on the floor, bag nearly empty and tiny teeth marks all over it. Tux was trying to "bury the evidence" when I walked in the room.

22. Dawn & Nova

I don't see how that has anything to do with cats.. sounds like a natural phenomena to me.. I've got your back guys!

23. Marvie and Tugger

Naturally occurring phenomena huh? To a bag of treats I just used right before I left the house with the boy, a bag that was in perfect condition at that time? Not buying it :D

Poor Boomer was so worried he was going to get blamed :lol: I, smart bean that I am, can tell the difference between Great Dane teeth marks and say... Echo teeth marks. I'm actually quite familiar with Echo's particular teeth marks because he chose my shower curtain to exercise his newly grown adult teeth. He also chews the tops of two liter soda bottles.

I suspect what happened was BB jumped up and accidentally on purpose knocked them down, where a combined effort managed to mostly empty the bag and while the big cats were distracted with the loot on the floor Echo snagged the bag hoping to get to the bits inside. If boomer had been involved, there would have been a much more... slimy trail of evidence :lol:

24. Dawn & Nova

Your explanation sounds terribly complicated compared to mine..

I'll go with Occam's razor on this one - Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simpler one is to be preferred.

25. Marvie and Tugger

26. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm calling CSI.

27. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I wanna know who gave the biggest belch!

Beautiful cycle, btw.

Attached Files:

28. Marvie and Tugger

Tugger likes FF chunky chicken. He ate quite a bit after his shot. Let's see what the evening holds =) I'm very happy with the morning cycle! I'd give him extra freeze dried chicken if I had any left ;)

I didn't hear any belches but BB, Bella and Tux weren't interested in the after-shot snack. Tugger and Echo ate a lot, but they're little piggies all the time.

29. Marvie and Tugger

Re: Tugger 3/25 PMPS+9 98

Tugger is liking his new lowered dose =) I didn't bother him for overnight checks last night since I poked him all day long, so we might have missed a little dip but I doubt he went below 50. I'll keep an eye on him tonight though and see how he's doing.

Be back in a while with his AMPS in a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.