Tugger PMBG 75

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Marvie and Tugger, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Even after I was gone for 4 days! I was worried because hubby and/or DPS had left out the dog's food where Tug could get into it but I guess he didn't =)

Trip went well, I'll post the pics on my Flickr and FB soon. Ceremony was amazing, I cried of course =) My boy is now a true soldier. He's happy and loving it =) He should be home in San Antonio now for his next stage of training. SA is home for us, he was born near there and lived there till he was 7 and moved to Dallas. He'll get to see the rest of his family while he's there and he'll know his way around when they get to leave the post and go do stuff, so he's very excited about it =)

Critters seem to have handled my absence just fine. Only one doggie accident, Thursday morning hubby couldn't get Isis to go poop before he had to leave for work and we think the trash truck probably scared her. PS said that the mess was left on the lino though, so I guess if she had to do it at least she picked a spot that was easy to clean!

They're all happy to have mama home though! Boomer, Bella and Tux napped with me in the chair for a long time yesterday. Then when I went to bed Tugger, Echo and BB all came and slept with me.

Now I have to go get the van unloaded and put away all the crap from the trip.... then I might take another nap or three :lol: I was up for 30 straight hours before I finally got to sleep for more than a few minutes... I still feel like I could use a few more hours to get all caught up.

2. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

A Tugger report...how GREAT :D

Been wondering about your excursion. Sounds exciting & exhausting all at the same time. Glad Tugger fared well and no major damage done by DH!
    Congrats on his Graduation! (is that what you call it? :lol:- .. i so don't know the army lingo) So he's going to be stationed in SA...that's so great! Did you know or is that new news?

I know the critters are happy to have you back...and to lay all over again. Bean sounds great and adorable. I think you'd have a zoo if no one stopped you. i don't know how you do it. What's the word on Brady?

Well, hopefully you are getting caught up on some rest. Glad to see Tugger is continuing to do so well. :mrgreen:
    along with all your beasts.

betty

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Marvie! So glad to hear your trip went well! I am dying to know how Brady fared with whole trip too?? Tugger has a pretty number! How great was it to see all of your furbabies when you came home!? Can't wait to see pics!

4. Marvie and Tugger

No Brady yet, we weren't able to get the transport all coordinated. We've got another plan in the works right now. I don't think it will be long before Brady is home though =)

Bean is who rode back with me, she spent the night and I drove her a bit farther north where we met someone who is helping transport her to CT to tuckers mom, Jennifer, for foster care.

We knew Armyson would be heading to SA for the next stage of training (called AIT, Advanced Infantry Training) where he will learn to be a medic as well as yet more physical training and specialized training in other stuff. We don't know where he'll be sent after that, his first duty station could be anywhere. You can bet your boots I'll be praying it's somewhere stateside, or at the very least a nice hospital in Germany or somewhere far far away from the fighting. Proud mama, I am. Selfish mama, I also am ;-)

ROFL Betty, you're probably right. Somebody's gonna have to stop me if I try to acquire even one more animal after Brady. As it is, I'm about to head over to Petco and Riteaid websites to fill out applications for the new stores opening down the street because I'm gonna need to supplement hubby's income if we ever want to do fun stuff like... eat, have running water, power, things like that ;)

I'm actually meeting with PS tomorrow to discuss possibly going to work for her on a part time basis. Her business is going so well that she's already having to make a choice as to which area of town she's going to work and now she's getting even busier with warmer weather coming and people traveling more she's afraid she may have to turn down clients just so she can have a personal life. I don't think it will be regular work, but a week here and there when she's too swamped or maybe if she gets tied up with a client's animal with emergencies. It'll be good for both of us =) I can get paid once in a while to pretty much what I already spend my day doing :lol: She will get to go on vacation in July and have help when she needs it. :mrgreen:

5. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

That sounds PURR-fect for you. Instead on 2-4 hours a day feeding and tending to pets..you can do it 12 hours a day :lol:

Petco could be both good and dangerous for you. At least you'd be in your element...but then they also have the adoptions. You'd potentially be bringing home a new beast a week. AND while the store discount you get could probably help feed the herd... you'd also be like the retail girls at the mall and spend your whole paycheck not on outfits but on food and stuff there.

Have you thought about maybe applying to one of the natural pet stores so you could get paid on the job training for your future business endeavor (anti-jinx).
    You could learn about all the foods, connect with the vendors, etc..and have a jump start.
    Hmmm...not a bad idea. Maybe I should too!

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Great numbers Tugger!! Marvie - is Echo the cat that your son brought home with the eye issues?

Glad you enjoyed the trip and can't wait for you to get Brady. :mrgreen: What a great heart :YMHUG:

7. Marvie and Tugger

Yep, Echo is our blind baby... though he's nearly a year old, I guess I should stop calling him a baby :lol: He's the youngest though so he'll probably always be our blind baby ;-) We don't know his birthday, but the boy brought him home on July 4th last year. He fit in the palm of my hand. Vet said he was probably 4-6 weeks old, I lean more towards 4 than 6 though.

We celebrate "Gotcha days" for the ones whose birthday we don't know. So Echo's first Gotcha Day will be July 4th and Bella's is July 7th. Isis' Gotcha Day is April 27th. BB has a Gotcha Day of sorts, we didn't know her exact bday when hubby brought her home, but we do know she's only a month-ish younger than the boys so since they were born on March 27th 2000, we assigned BB a bday of April 27th, 2000. (That was before I started callin' 'em Gotcha Days :lol: ) Boomer has a known Birthday, his is Sept. 23, the day before hubby's. Brady will also have a Gotcha Day because as far as I know we have no idea when he was born either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.