Twitchy neck muscles

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lorraine Edwards, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi I wondered if anyone had any ideas, my cat Molly has been OTJ for the last 3 weeks, but I have noticed for about the last 5/6 weeks sometimes when she bends her neck to wash or have a stroke her neck muscles seem to get stuck, I can distract her and it seems to stop quickly, I just wondered if anyone has any ideas what it could be and if I should be concerned, it doesnt happen often just every now and then, she seems fine otherwise playing eating etc. Thanks

2. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

Hmm, possibly some neuropathy ?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

When was her last bloodwork checking potassium and other electrolytes?
    Low potassium, magnesium, etc can cause abnormalities in body function.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

I will check with the vet BJ on Monday as not sure she hasn't had any bloods done for a while, thanks

5. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi following on from this conversation I started, I am reluctant to stress Molly out by taking her to the vets for bloodwork to be done unless I really have to, but I have noticed the odd time I have seen her neck twitching I have straight away given her food and this seems to stop the twitching, so im thinking it is a deficiency that is causing this twitching, any ideas anyone??

6. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Merlin's front leg will still sometimes twitch. If I rub his ear, one of his front legs will twitch. When he begins to eat, one of his front legs may twitch. It is not all the time. I just figured it has something to do with his neuropathy that he had or still has. He walks fine now but for the first 12 months, all of his legs were affected due to diabetic neuropathy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.