Two weeks off insulin, yay. New steroid isn't working, boo

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laura Nels, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura Nels

Laura Nels Member

My cat Vivian has quietly maintained some nice normal looking BG #s since I stopped giving her insulin two weeks ago, so that's great! I attribute this to both a diet change and getting her off prednisolone. Unfortunately the Budesonide suspension she has been on for a couple weeks to address large intestine/colon disease is not working and her BM's have become quite bad again. Turns out a suspension doesn't remain intact or active long enough for the drug to reach and treat the lower intestine topically, so it's like she hasn't had any meds to that area for two weeks - not good. Will start her on Budesonide in a time released capsule which hopefully will remain intact long enough to treat inflammation of the lower intestine - we'll see. Heads up for those in similar situations. The suspension, which I guess is very popular among cat owners, is really only effective if the problem is in or close to the stomach. Wish I'd known that about two weeks age. Live and learn.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

:cat: Congratulations, Vivian on being :otj:! :cat:

[​IMG]

Thank you, Laura, for sharing the valuable information about the Budesonide suspension. I hope the timed-release version works better for Vivian. :bighug:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.