TYLER'S JOURNEY #2

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    Tested Tyler @+2 - 119
    So his AMPS today was 156 , he doesn't want to eat a thing , is that ok with this +2 BG
    @MrWorfMen's Mom should I try to feed him later or can I just test him at +4
    He just had some FF at 1:30 pm
    +5.5- 139
    I guess all is good

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Well I am definitely liking that sea of blue on his SS. Anxious to see what his PMPS looks like. Go Tyler! :joyful:

ETA Yup I am a little pooped but the lawn looks great. Still have to trim the hedge and the neighbours small tree is interloping and killing it. Not sure what to do? May end up with a big bald patch if I cut the branches off the tree overhanging and growing through the hedge. Neighbours are nice people (in their 2M dollar home that dwarfs my modest bungalow) but their gardening upkeep leaves a lot to be desired. GRRRRR! Not sure what to do. :blackeye:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Send me pictures when you are all done with it. I think I would rather live in a modest bungalow, it's probably more homey and cozy.
    I'll be testing Tyler at 9:00 pm and will put it on his SS . We will see if I should still stay with the FAT 0.5 u. Do you think it may take a little more time for him to get into the low blue and high green numbers ?

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom thought it might have been lower
    WEDNESDAY. 6-19-19
    PMPS - 193 stay with FAT 0.5 u for tonight @MrWorfMen's Mom
    Will be shooting at 10:00 pm

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes, I'd stick with the fat 0.5u for now. Tyler seems to be working this dose pretty well and I definitely would not consider upping it on a night cycle at that PMPS.

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Ok Linda, yes I wouldn't want to have a pajama party lol
    Talk to you soon
    WEDNESDAY 6-19-19
    PMPS - 193
    +2 - 133 fed FF
    +4 -. 122. fed FF
    +6 - 143
    @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    THURSDAY. 6-20-19
    AMPS - 215 His BG is probably this high because he got into his brothers dry food
    around 6:30 this morning.
    I tested him early this morning at 8:00 am. I usually test him at 9:00 am
    I'm going to feed him his FF around 9:00 am
    His numbers were good last night right @MrWorfMen's Mom
    I should stay with the FAT 0.5 u?

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

His blue streak last night is a thing of beauty. Too bad he pilfered but it happens. I STILL have to play lunchroom monitor with my fur kids and Menace still gets into stuff I don't want her eating but thankfully it's diabetic friendly. Have you thought about weaning his brother off the dry food?
    Yes I'd stick with the fat 0.5u. You know what probably caused that higher AMPS.

This thread is getting really long. Let's start a new one so if anyone needs to help at any point they don't have to scroll through pages. ;)

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

I have tried so many times with trying to get Perry on wet food, every trick, maybe I didn't do it long enough, he's the one with kidney disease, He eats the Hills K/D and I/D dry someone's. Any suggestions? Should I just call it Tyler's Journey # 3 @MrWorfMen's Mom

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Tyler's Journey #3 sounds great.

ETA Ok found it. I'll answer the food here and then we'll head over there.

Wet food would be better for Perry with his kidney disease. You'd need something with low phosphorus or the wet version of the dry foods he eats. I know only too well how hard it can be to transition a kibble cat to wet but I'd keep trying. Maybe if he gets hungry enough one day he'll try some. The low phosphorus food would be fine for Tyler too. HERE is a list of low phosphorus foods to check for possible options Perry might like.

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks so much for the list, I'll definitely look into it