U100 needles question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hope and Aria, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Hey all! So I had gotten a handful of U100 syringes from my vet while I waited for my order to come in (they had the 1 unit markings). When it arrived, the markings on the sides are by 2's instead of 1's. Can someone point me the distinguishing feature to order with so I can get these. Now I've got a pile of U40's for full units and U100's that are good but I have to eyeball the single units(when I'd like to be eyeballing the 1/2 units.) I guess it would be too much to ask for Ari to go with whole unit numbers for a while ohmygod_smile

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

wait a sec. can you tell us if they say .3cc or 1/2cc?
    type in here exactly what it says on your box ok? like u100 30g 1/2ml something like that.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You probably have 1 cc syringes> They hold 100 units of U100 insulin and are marked every 2 units. You want 3/10 cc U100 syringes with 1/2 unit markings. Not all 3/10 cc syringes have 1/2 unit marking.

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

1cc for 100 units or less

Thanks Larry. Heading back out to make another order. Wish they sold them OTC here in FL.

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yep, those will make you poke your eyes out real quick doing small doses. LOL!! they're great for high dose kitties but not so much for kitties on small doses

6. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.