U100 syringes advice needed

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Donna & Buddha, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

My hocks order has arrived! Where's the conversion chart for using U40 insulin with them?

I'm shooting 2.2u as my best guesstimate.

Thanks!

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Okey doke. I'm sticking Buddha with 2.2u PZIR which measures 5.5 on the U-100 syringe.

Boy, are these needles short. I didn't think 5/16" would seem so much different from the 1/2".

Here goes ...

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news, and great job getting some data!

If I recall, Buddha only eats LC canned? Although I don't generally like to cry rebound, I'm wondering if some of those really high PSs may be a sign of it (assuming he doesn't eat any dry, and/or has no suspected higher dose condition - not that this is a high dose, just not sure if there's something like that in the picture that I've lost sight of). No low #s lately, but there have been some pretty steep drops, so I'd say it's possible. The reason I'm wondering is that the PSs at times look better up higher in the SS [1/9 - 1/11 is a nice spot!].

If it were me, now being able to measure more consistently, I'd probably be tempted to try a slightly lower dose, maybe 1.8 or 2.0 or so, and hold that for a couple days and see if the PSs settle down at all. Just my unsolicited 2c, and I can't say that's necessarily the ideal approach, just my reaction to looking at the SS. BIx had a period of a lot of zoom (I think his was in the "liver training" category, i.e. getting used to good #s) and I only succeeded in getting him regulated by shooting through it til it settled down - lowering the dose for him was never useful, until he got the low PSs & nadirs to support it.

Anyhow, keep us posted! :)

[p.s. I see was DKA... are you already testing regularly to keep an eye out for ketones? Just double checking. :D ]

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Get those short needles in up to the hilt! Push the plunger, don't pull the barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.