UK Felix Good as it Looks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ali and Fatty, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ali and Fatty

Ali and Fatty New Member

Could I ask if any UK members are feeding Felix Good as it Looks pouches?

It's on the food list with less than 10% carbs - I think it's 6% - but the note says contains varous sugars and vegetable protein extract.

Fatty has, until diagnosis, been on James Wellbeloved light (dry) either fish and rice or turkey and rice. The three of them also have Felix AGAIL pouches or Sheba pouches.

The only dry food he has now is either Applaws or Bozita 80% chicken or the Thrive Premium Plus 90% chicken which he loves so that is a reduction in carbs - yay!

I'm struggling to get him to have the better food on the wet list - I currently have Bozita, Leonardo, Feringa, Catz Finefood, Animonda Integra Project diabetes, Vom Feinsten, Meowing Heads, Miamor and a few others.... most of which he nibbles at then leaves as do my other two cats!
    He will happily eat the Felix pouches so on balance would that be so bad? I have found he'll eat the healthier food if I mix some Felix in with them.

I think he just prefers the meaty chunks in jelly more than the pate type foods but he is also not overly impressed the Bozita which is chunks.

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated!

Ali and Fatty (and non diabetics Mabel and Billy William)

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Mabel and Billy William, plus Fatty? Oh I absolutely love this. We probably need to see Fatty's siblings too.

3. Ali and Fatty

Ali and Fatty New Member

There you go! Mabel is the super fluffy one, she's 9, Billy William is 3 ❤❤

Attached Files:

Diana&Tom likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Very super fluffy and they are both so pretty. Thank you very much for sharing. You have a wonderful fur family there.:cat::)

Ali and Fatty likes this.
  5. Ali and Fatty

Ali and Fatty New Member

I love my little furry family, the other half accepts that I'm actually more cat than human!!!!

6. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Hi Ali
    Felix As Good As It Looks has been known to spike some cats' bg probably because of its various sugars so may be best avoided.

Cats do vary in their preference for chunks v pate etc etc so it may be a matter of restricting your offerings to what you know your kitties will eat, at least whilst you're switching from dry - you can consolidate that switch to start with and then fine-tune the wet as stage two, if that makes sense. The ordinary Felix (not AGAIL) is usually lower in carbs so you could try that instead and gradually introduce some of the better-quality foods... supermarket brands such as Felix and Whiskas are fine in terms of carb content but not great on percentage of meat... very low, in fact. But not bad to start with, and then gradually add some better stuff.

The brands you've listed sound ok (been on Zooplus?!) so it may be trial and error, and perseverance, to find a food or foods that will be accepted. Have you tried Nature's Menu? My cat currently eats these - the chicken and turkey pouches are good - and there's also a Country Hunter brand (of Nature's Menu) which goes down well. I buy from www.fetch.co.uk which often has good deals.

It's not a bad idea to have some AGAIL in the cupboard though in case bg goes a bit too low - you can sometimes coax it back up with something like this rather than resorting to honey etc... which is probably for another day but just mentioning it in passing on the subject of food.

Good luck! How's the testing going?

7. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Ha ha, we all are here!

8. Ali and Fatty

Ali and Fatty New Member

Thanks Diana, I hadn't thought of trying Natures Menu, I'd always thought of their products as being raw so hadn't looked any further but will definitely give the pouches a go - mine all go mad for the 95% meat treats! :)

9. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Hi Ali,
    I give thrive wet cat food. Though it does seem like they have changed something, but it is still low carb.

10. Ali and Fatty

Ali and Fatty New Member

Is that the little tins? I've been adding the Thrive chicken breast/chicken and liver in with the Natures Menu and it seems to be going down quite well!
    He has taken to ignoring it until I offer him some by hand then he tucks in!
    He is a very cheeky boy! :)

Attached Files:

11. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Yeah, 75g tins. I also give chicken breast, and chicken and liver varieties. It took my cats some time as well to start eating!
    Well hopefully he'll start on his own soon. Wow, fatty looks a lot like my non diabetic cat!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.