(UK, midlands) I have diabetic and renal food to donate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lori&Scout, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori&Scout

Lori&Scout Member

I just lost my CKD/diabetic kitty and am looking to donate some of her things. I would be happy to pass any of this on to anyone in the UK who can use it for their own (appropriately diagnosed) cat. Or if you know of a charity that will make use of this (for appropriately diagnosed cats, rather than to feed healthy cats) please let me know.

Diabetic Wet:
    • 39 cans of Purina DM (best before is 3/2019!)
    Supplies:
    Renal Wet:
    • 20 cans of Purina EN (gastrointestinal)
    • 4 cans of Purina NF (renal)
    • 8 cans of Royal Canin renal
    Renal Dry:
    • 1 2kg bag of Royal Canin Renal Special (unopened)
    • 1 1.5kg bag of Eukanuba Renal (unopened)
    Please reply or PM me with what you'd like, and we can sort out transfer.

Cheers,
    Lor

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

((((Lori)))), I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Huge hugs to you, my dear.

And it is so kind of you to want to donate your kitty's supplies.

More hugs,

Eliz x

3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Lori, I am so sorry for your loss. We all know how much it hurts. I hope you'd post on the Grief forum if you need to share your thoughts and feelings.

It's very kind of you to offer to donate your supplies. There aren't that many of us here from the UK, so if you don't get many responses, you could perhaps contact your local branches of Cats Protection, the RSPCA and the Blue Cross, to see if they would find any of your items useful? Sometimes these organisations have a network of fosterers for special needs kitties. Or there may be smaller charities in your area who would also be grateful?

Thank you for posting and sending hugs.

4. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Sorry to read your cat has apssed away. Sad times.

I'd also suggest asking Blue Cross if they have a contact or two .

There was someone join recently who is in the UK.

5. Lori&Scout

Lori&Scout Member

Thank you for the kind words.

It's thanks to the folks on this message board that Scout lived to the ripe old age of 16. She was diagnosed diabetic at 9 and because of everyone's good advice she went OTJ quickly. Changing her food to low carb also helped her lose weight and get healthier. She's been in stage 4 kidney failure for nearly a year, but we were able to support her at home with antacids, special food, and the occasional subQ fluids. She was happy and active until about a week before she passed. She had recently been befriended by a stray who took up residence in the courtyard behind our house, and every morning she went outside to hang out with her buddy. Then, after Christmas, apparently her kidneys abruptly failed, and we had to let her fly free.

I had another diabetic (acro) as well, and again thanks to the support and great advice I found here and with the acro FB group, I was able to stabilise her BG and give her a year of reasonably good health before cancer got her.

So, two diabetics who died from something other than complications of diabetes. That's not bad going. You are all amazing people.

If I don't get any nibbles here I'll check with local charities and my vet nurse friend.

6. PussCatPrince - GA

That happened with my Ty except a bit the other way round.
    Last year of Tyler's life a semi feral young stray decided that she had to be with him no matter what. In the end she stayed for good.

I hope someone will be able to take your supplies . I'm now in New Zealand and there is no-one it seems that could use what I have.

Lori&Scout likes this.
  7. Lori&Scout

Lori&Scout Member

Just bumping this to see if anyone wants my supplies.

8. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

So sorry to hear your sad new. Big hugs.

Try the local rescues like you said, I foster for the RSPCA and they get a few special need kitties in from time to time and the donations are always greatly appreciated.

I'm in the Midlands to so depending on where abouts you are I might know some rescues.
    Xx

9. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Oh, I am new here, but in N.Z. as well! I am reading as much as I can, and trying to figure all this out. Have you found anything of good use here that you are willing to pass on??? (Sorry if this isn’t allowed!??)

10. PussCatPrince - GA

Hi there.
    Do you mean you live in New Zealand?

flyingduster likes this.
  11. PussCatPrince - GA

Just for anyone wondering.

flyingduster already has a meter which is different to mine & the supplies that go with that. but I may be able to send her some demi syringes.

flyingduster likes this.
  12. PussCatPrince - GA

Aw. That's lovely. I wanted to try and volunteer for a cat rescue hereabouts but there are none. :-(

Becki and sox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.