UK Syringes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fiona1, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiona1

Fiona1 Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if some of you remember me from before but unfortunately Tinkerbell came out of remission a year ago. I've kept all of the information you've all given me and gone by that.

Unfortunately I was signed off work due to depression and subsequently lost my job so I really am now looking to do everything as cheap as possible.

Tinkerbell is currently on 1.5 units of caninsulin.

Currently we are getting the syringes from the vets and they are selling us Sol-Vet at £31.50 for 100 but I'd like to get this down.

I'm really worried about buying the wrong ones so please could anybody from the UK give me some advice as to where they source cheap syringes?

I found this site - https://www.thevetstore.net/shop/vetsaver-insulin-syringe/ where it seems to be £8.99 for 100 however I don't know if these are the correct ones or not and if this website is even trustworthy as in they are definitely sterile.

Please could anyone advise. :)

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

4. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Hey, I use All Day Pharmacy, they were the cheapest I could find. I not sure those ones you have put the link to are right.
    I am using different syringes now, I still have some U40, if you PM me your address I'll send them to you for free if course x
    I will post a link for all day pharmacy x

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  5. Georgiana & Perlutz

Georgiana & Perlutz Member

Hi Fiona,

I'm using these ones https://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-...nsulin-syringe-with-needle-box-of-100-p-11335.

I think I've ordered some needles from the website you linked. They didn't look dodgy, but I admit I too wondered if they are sterile etc. Before the needles arrived, we mastered testing with lancets so never used the needles.

I also have some syringes that I don't use (no half markings though) that I could post to you, if you want them :)

6. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Fiona, so sorry to hear that Tinkerbell has come out of remission.
    I see you've had some great advice already. If you want to continue with Sol-Vet syringes you can get them from petdrugsonline for just over £22.
    https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/sol-m-u40-insulin-caninsulin-syringes-0-5ml

...If you're willing to use Caninsulin with U100 syringes along with a conversion chart, I will gladly send you a box of Bonbon's syringes, as she's gone into remission recently and I have a couple of boxes of syringes (only need to hang onto one of those).

Hugs to you,

Eliz

PS. The site you've linked to in your initial post looks like a veterinary supply site. You 'may' be able to order from them (some you can, some you can't...). But I see that there is a standard minimum postage charge of £6.50 plus VAT, and you can't pay by credit card or Paypal. Someone has to contact you and arrange payment by BACS or cheque...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  7. Georgiana & Perlutz

Georgiana & Perlutz Member

@Elizabeth and Bertie Wow, congratulations on Bonbon's quick remission! Can I send Perlutz over to you for a quick "holiday"? Maybe you can work your magic on him too :smuggrin:

8. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Haha yes, send HRH over to Elizabeth - and while you're here you could pop in and see June's vet too! ;)

9. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Haha! Aw, bless you Georgiana... :bighug:
    Bonbon went into remission much quicker than my old boy, Bertie, who finally went into remission after nearly 11 years on insulin... :woot: ....Happy to have Perlutz come for a holiday, but if he does a 'Bertie' that holiday might turn out to be a very long one.... :pxxx

Georgiana & Perlutz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.