under 200, need advice asap

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summers Mom, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Hello Summer is 196 at pre-shot. I am doing TR protocol. Do i stall or shoot at 196? If i stall, how long do i stall??

2. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

ok, i just went back and re-read the TR protocol on lantus and it said to ask for help when a pre-shot is under 150. So i guess i am good to go.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I know it's scary when it's a new thing, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot that number, it's basically a 200. You are doing a good job of monitoring her, hope you see some more blues soon!

Summers Mom likes this.
  4. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Can someone tell me the lowest a cat should read when Not on insulin? I tested my other cat that is not on insulin and he tested 48.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We have seen many cats in the 40's that are not on insulin, but we want to have some margin of error when they are on insulin, so use 50 as the number at which we take action. I tested several other cats in the 50's on my meter.

Since this is your lowest preshot yet, you might want to get a +1 and a +2 test to give you an idea what Summer has planned tonight. You did shoot a 199 before, not much different.

Summers Mom likes this.
  6. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Thank you. So if summer was to read 150 or below, do i stall and ask for help before shooting?
    So it is normal for a civie to read 48?

7. MrPawsKitten

MrPawsKitten Member

My perfectly healthy civie read 49 when I was trying to get used to the meter... so yeah, all good there!

Summers Mom likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you don't feel confident shooting below 150 the first few time, you can definitely post for help. You might want to read the Sticky Note on Shooting Low Numbers, just to be familiar with the options. Over time and has you gather data on how Summer reacts with lower preshots, you'll gain the confidence needed to shoot low numbers. And eventually even crave them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.