Updat on Squamee's poop

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by judy and squamee(GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Saw vet today who is unconcerned about the whitish dried aspect to her poop. She has gained 3 oz in the last month or so, is not vomiting or showing any other gastrointestinal abnormality and is pooping regularly. She continues to eat and drink a lot (but not as much as when she was diabetic in her numbers) and meows loudly at times, but no sign of anything else wrong. Vet said to keep in touch. So I guess I should just try to relax (which I can't do anyhow because my daughter is due to have twins in Feb ---she is 33 weeks pregnant today and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that she will go till at least 35 weeks, which is necessary for proper lung development. And I am trying to help her as much as possible and it is making me a little crazy) :dizcat

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Maybe Squamee is trying to pass on lottery numbers to you when she's meowing like that! Or maybe she wants someone to knit her a sweater for this cold weather. Or maybe she has thoughts to express about the health care bill. Or perhaps she is singing her Diabetic Ditty! ;)

In all seriousness, though, I know it's hard to relax when it comes to matters of our furbabies' health. Just listen to your gut, but also consider that perhaps you are transferring at least some of your worry and stress about your daughter onto Squamee. I don't mean that to be dismissive of your concerns in any way, because it could be that there really is something going on. Joanna gave me some sage advice regarding that type of thing when I was worrying about whether or not I should go on my Florida trip. I can't remember it specifically now, but I'll go back and look it up. Basically just try to really think about the source of your worry and see if you are projecting any of it from some other situation that you might be avoiding or too worried about to even think about it.

Still sending "stay in" vibes to your grandchildren-to-be. Please keep us updated on that as well as on Squamee.

3. judy and squamee(GA)

Thanks, Sarah. I think you are probably right. Will keep you posted.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Judy, have you changed her food to something that might explain the wacky poop? I have read it can be quite different on raw food for instance. I've never heard of whitish & dry. Did your vet have any comments on what (presumably innocuous) cause there might be? I'd probably be worried too, it sounds odd.

Glad to hear your daughter is still going strong! :)

5. judy and squamee(GA)

No raw food. Just canned without gluten--FF, evo, nutro, Avoderm. My vet just dismissed it. He seemed to think the main thing was that she had gained 3 oz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.